BPA

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titanoiler51, Jan 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm looking at 2 DE players who could work on the edge or give us a pass rush inside because they have some size.

AJ Epenesa(6'5 280) of Iowa and Yetur Gross-Matos(6'4.5 266) of Penn State.

Both were really productive over 2 seasons.

Espenesa on tape looks like JJ Watt. Literally but he ran poorly at the combine 5.04 40 and Gross-Matos did not run at all.

Both of these guys would fit either category. BPA and a position of need.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I would take either of those 2 guys just mentioned over Terrell Lewis. I like Lewis but I like these guys better.

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Epenesa is very intriguing. He really does look a little like jj watt. I wouldn't be mad at that pick at all.

Yetur gross matos looks like a bust to me. Reminds me too much of Derrick Morgan. Good at everything not great at anything...He's not going to be strong enough to bull rush ots and i don't think he's fast enough to get around them either. He also disappears alot and shows his lack of a high motor.

As for Terrell Lewis... I mean a 40 inch vertical at his size...that's super human stuff. his tape(while theres not much) shows his raw athleticism and explosiveness. He has moves too, I noticed a nasty spin move while watching him. You also see him doing it against the best teams in the nation. I imagine vvrabel will be intrigued by the idea of having another beastly bama boy that he can mold.

He absolutely destroyed Arkansas. I don't know if id take Lewis in the 1st, but i definitely wouldn't take gross matos in the 1st.

I'm hoping somehow we get lucky and get cj Henderson. That boy looks special.

#34 J Falk, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

And i know you're a bama fan, so i gotta ask why you don't like Lewis more than yetur matos? I'm a bama hater, but I still see him potentially being a much more impactful player in the NFL.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Gross Matos has been running high 4.4's and low 4.5's at the "junior day" at Penn State the whole time he was there. And his rep is for having a high motor.

Penn State played him in contain and 3 tech way too much for his skillset. He was dominant his sophomore year and dominant against Ohio State last year, but he was also banged up a lot. There were probably games where he went out with injuries 6 times.

I think he's got 12+ sack, all- pro every year potential with a system that keeps him clean and no real injuries.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Tricky

Tricky Starter

1. DT Javon Kiaw, South Carolina
    2. RB Cam Akers, Florida State
    3. WR Denzel Mims, Baylor
    5. CB Troy Pride, Notre Dame

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I like Gibson a bunch....he is just a football player....he is willing to do whatever it takes to make his team better...He can return kickoffs, play RB or WR...would be a great gadget guy to have....he has a thick lower body which allows him to break tackles similar to AJ Brown

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Low motor, reminds me of Derrick Morgan too in the fact thst hes not great at anything, but he's good at alot of things. Just my opinions of coarse. Also, id love proof that he ran a 4.4 or 4.5

Epenesa has a high motor, i didn't see it in matos.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Nobody can really prove a pro day time, but google his name and 4.52 forty time and you'll get 2 pages of people saying it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar