Bowen is officially DC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chronos, Jan 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

If this holds true, it will not be a good year to be a free agent! `

2. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Yeah I feel like the league is going to have to do something for 2021 or else only 5 teams will be active in FA and players are going to be getting extremely lowball offers.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I imagine that their will be quite a few players given the June 1 designation...each team can designate up to 2 players as post June 1 cuts....the money saved does not hit your cap until June 1st thus not freeing up money for early free agency...I think you will see a ton of players take cheap 1 yr deals...

the owners took the financial hit this yr....the players will take the hit this offseason

The teams with a bunch of cap space are going to be able to pay the top impact players long term deals and then fill out the roster with solid guys playing on 1 yr deals.

I think Saffold could be at risk of getting cut...post June 1 cap savings would be 9.9mil....Brewer played very well when he filled in and you have the Big Panda who might be a better fit at OG if he gets his head together.

#203 Titans2004, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Right, of course. Doesnt remove the ability for me to respond saying that no one will do that.

5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

So how does cutting them in June help us add FA’s?

6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

He did last year.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

you dont have to wait til june anymore

you can designate up to 2 players june-1 cuts at anytime.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Ah didn’t know that.

9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

nailed it.

Vaccaro I think is almost unanimous around here. What he offers for what he gets paid just doesn't match. His performance last year was far from great.
    Humphries isn't performing close to what he's paid. I know injuries are the issue for the most part and his cap hit makes the "cut him" decision a bit harder.

cut Butler is nonsense, our best Defensive player last year outside maybe Simmons.
    Cut Lewan? I see the thought with Sambrailo playing well and his cap hit amount, but he's good. Plus we just witnessed what can happen with injuries. No need to cut the guy. I also love the attitude he gives. I know it wore on people.
    Adoree just needs a longer term contract. He'll be expensive for this year only if he doesn't before he hits FA next year. I say lock him up a few more years.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Bingo. THIS is why I've been saying the colts and jags will be dangerous next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar