Bourdain takes the easy way out

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 520, Jun 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Because I’m mentally strong enough not to let **** get to me. Everyone can be. We’re humans we control ourselves

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

everyone cannot be, depression is a real disease and is not caused by "being mentally weak"

• High Five High Five x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

was he ever with her for extended amounts of time though given how much he traveled?

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Amen! I'm never getting dementia or Alzheimer's either. Only weak people get that nonsense. They're probably just forgetful or too lazy to act like they know what's going on in life.

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I agree, to an extent. I do think there are a lot of people out there who just want to feel sorry for themselves all the time. Get down because every little thing doesn't go their way in life. That said, mental illness and legitimate depression are real. The brain is a super complex organ so it's not realistic to just apply the same set of rules and logic across the board to every human being.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Depression is a chemical imbalance in your brain. It's not being mentally weak. You could have everything you ever wanted and be depressed cause your brain is literally not working properly.

Someone could go through some ****, but with a properly functioning brain not be depressed (at least suicidal over it)

You can't just "get over it" like you can't just get over a heart condition. Its a malfunctioning organ that needs treatment.

I get what you are saying in a sense though, I think some people are "depressed" when they don't suffer from depression. But when you kill yourself, something isn't quite right

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I get there are people strongly against suicide, but chill, at the end of the day, his family is grieving and they definitely wouldn’t appreciate this.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

They're probably not Titan fans, if they were this suicide would have happened in 2012-14

• LOL LOL x 5
  9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Probably don’t appreciate their parent deserting them either

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Bad mouthing him is just bringing them more pain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar