Books

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Nice.

I always hope that at some point Feist will revisit that storyline. Von Darkmoor is a great character that I'd like to read more about.

If you like Feist you'll probably enjoy David Gemmell & James Barclay. Full of characters like Von Dark Moor,their plots are focused on the main characters the whole time rather than sprawling plot lines. The characters really draw you into their books.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

REF is moving forward instead of revisiting (plus there is much to revisit. He could write a spin off with Erik after the Serpentwar series). He has Wrath of a Mad God coming up and then the Demon War saga, he may also finish the Krondor series (which was one of my favourite series but with copyright issues he can't finish it and may never finish it).

I am re-reading the Serpentwar saga (I also re-read The Kings Buccaneer before that). More because of Calis, he is my favourite character, despite not being a main character in any of the stories.

Erik is mentioned in the last book, Into a Dark Realm.

Nakor keeps him alive for some reason (can't remember).

Speaking of Nakor, he is one of the most entertaining characters I have read about. (along with Jimmy the Hand).

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Have you read Talon of the Silver Hawk & the rest of the Conclave of Shadows & Darkwar series? Nakor features prominently in those story lines.

Fancy an orange?

I can't wait for the next one in the series to come out in March

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

What copyright issues?Tell me more dude.

Sadly I thought that the book devoted to Jimmy The Hand was a disapointment. Honored Enemy is probably my favourite of all Feists books to date.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I have.

There are two video games made by Sierra based on the Krondor books (or Krondor books were based on the video game). And there is some issues with Sierra and REF which he hasn't discussed and they have yet to be resolved.
    He may never write them.

I didn't mind the Jimmy the Hand book, but he is better in the original stories as a youngster.

I haven't read Honoured Enemy, nor Murder in LaMut yet and not to Empire series (doesn't really interest me).

I can't wait for Wrath of a Mad God, I will get it from Amazon I think. Though I don't get why it is released in the UK before the US (since REF is a Yank).

He has two more series and 5 more books planned at this stage.

6. I agree with all that. I listened to the audiobook and thought it was OK but not as engrossing as Harry Potter (an obvious book to compare it to).

As for the whole religious aspect, I don't see why Christians would dislike it (not to get into religion here). Granted, I haven't read the sequels, but the story outright says that there is physical evidence of God's existence. They object to that now???

7. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

You really have to finish the series. There is a great deal more that points directly to Christianity in the following 2 books. Once you get all the way through you'll appriciate the books more. I prefer them over the Potter series, but i love them all.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Pullman is a self professed atheist isn't he?

9. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

i believe so. but i do know he was raised catholic

10. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar