Books

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Who here reads? And I'm not talking this forum or the paper.

I know Childress reads a lot, as we have had many Ludlum discussions. I am wondering who else reads and what type of books they like?

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Don't we have an old thread on this... pretty sure we do... maybe 2 summers ago.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I keep asking people in the member of the week threads.:ha:

I think Carpy is the biggest book fan I've asked so far.

He got me into Harlen Coben. An outstanding author.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I read sporadically. I need to get into it more, but movies have taken more of my spare time now that I got the Blockbuster Total Access deal. I'll probably be dumber in the end for watching instead of reading :flush:

I like some fantasy. A girl I work with just sugessted the other day that I read some RA Salvatore, or Robert Jordan.

I've liked almost all of the Stephen King I've read.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I encourage EVERYONE to read Devil's Knot by Mara Leveritt..

[​IMG]

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I need to read I am Legend. Known about it for a long time but I've never got around to it.

7. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

omg, titans fans can read? SHOCKER!!! :) jk boys.

Love to read, go through at least a couple books a week. Sadly with working so much i dont get to read as much as i used to...

Here's some i've finished lately that i like, or some that i bite my nails waiting for the next book to come out in the series.

Mathew Stover, Hero's Die
    Tim Dorsey, Florida Roadkill
    Raymond Feist, Daughter of the Empire trillogy
    Janet Evanovich, Stephanie Plum series (it might be a girl thing)
    Phillip Pullman, Dark Materials (i figured i would re-read it since the movie was comming out)
    Beowulf (again a re-read for the movie)
    Aldoux Huxley, Brave New World (disliked it just as much the second time around...though thats the point so its a great book)
    Erich Remark, All's Quiet on the Western Front

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am reading Pullman right now, the first one (Northern Lights it is called here, but the Golden Compass for you guys).

I really don't see anything special about it so far. Of course that may chance.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Probably, and I think I started it. But we are allowed millions of VY and Pacman threads so why not one more book thread. :grrhee:

10. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

I loved it when i was younger. I read it when i was in 6th grade and couldnt get enough of it. People saying its a sci fi annoys me...its a childrens book through and through. Doesn't have the same ring for me now as it did then, but i still appriciate any book that makes a child love to read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar