Bonnaroo??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Deuce Wayne, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

W'dup pissants? So I finally stopped having a pessimistic view on Bonnaroo and decided to give it a shot. I'm working a beer tent, so I'll sort'a be getting in free. Any of you ladies going?

If so... who do you want to see? Of all the bands in the lineup, I want to see only about 8. Many I'm unfamiliar with though, so maybe there are some gems that I don't know of. So that's where you come in...

So far on my list, I've got:

Allen Stone
    Trombone Shorty
    Passion Pit
    Local Natives
    Macklemore and Ryan Lewis (if you haven't heard- Macklemore is MUCH better than the song Thrift Shop indicates, and his live performances are gold. )
    Big KRIT (possibly)
    Glenn Hansard

Any suggestions?

And please- Save Paul McCartney and Tom Petty. I'd go to a graveyard if I wanted to see a show put on by corpses.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I was going to go, had plans and everything.......but the person I was supposed to go with......we had a falling out.....

But it isn't really a good year IMO.

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Maps & Atlases is literally the only one on there worth a damn.

Weird Al? Billy Idol? ZZ Top? R Kelly?

Remember when Bonarroo was for indies? MTV destroys everything they touch.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm making the trip down this year. Will be my first time attending. It's for a good friend's bachelor party (technically a double bachelor party -- two weddings mashed together and both the grooms are musicians). Maybe wouldn't have been my first choice, as I'm not really a music festival guy, but I still think it will be a good time.

Most pumped to hear Passion Pit, Animal Collective, Matt & Kim, Alt-J and, of course, Paul McCartney. Was really, really hoping Sigur Ros would be there since they're on a world tour right now, but didn't get lucky in that department.

You locals got any advice (about any aspect of it all)?

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

stock up on baby wipes

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I've still never been and I really don't want to go unless I can go for free and have a house fo stay at. My ******* cousin got VIP passes and didn't hook me up. This sh*t happens all the time.

I used to always want to go because one of my best friends goes every year and loves it. Of course, he's got pretty dark skin and doesn't even need sunscreen. I'm not pale, but I burn pretty easily.

It's too expensive. I'd be miserable after the first day or so, stuck in the awful 90+ degree weather all day listening to bands I either hate or have no interest in. I usually like 5-10 of the artists from the lineups, but have no clue about the rest (which takes up 75-80% of your time).

Also, I wouldn't be able to shower.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I went the first two years and haven't been back since. But that's not because of any kind of hipster "they sold out" mentality. It's more about the fact that I grew out of the whole festival scene and it just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Bring a ton of coolers loaded with water (and beer) - if that's even allowed. I'm assuming it is, but I'm not sure. Bring tons of deodorant and sunscreen.

You'll be less than an hour from Nashville, so you better visit the city since you're coming all the way from Canada anyways. There's nothing to see in Manchester (other than Bonnaroo) - not that I know of.

Don't buy anything away from the tents because it will have drugs in it, guaranteed.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Others have already hit on the most important stuff. Sunscreen and STAY HYDRATED. Not sure how familiar you are with TN in general but the heat and humidity can/will be freaking brutal in mid-June. And when you're out in it virtually all day long for 4 straight days, you can't be too careful.

Not trying to turn you off. You'll have a blast. Just don't be one of those idiots that tries to live off boos and drugs the whole time. All kinds of people are taken for medical attention each and every year. Several have even died over the years. But again, it's generally because they're being idiots living off a steady diet of alcohol and cocaine. And you don't strike me as that type. Still, be aware that the heat can sneak up on you.

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

Hydration is most important.

People pound beers all day and night in 90+ degree heat and humidity and not touch a bottle of water.

Dehydration happens quick.

Skip most drugs and most alcohol in my opinion. Not a good environment to be in a severely altered state of mind.

Smoke weed, have a beer or two and drain bottles of water.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar