Bongo's round one mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

6' 4", 235".

Unless this is wrong, he's an OLB in the NFL, IMO, unless he has a frame to put on 25-30 pounds without losing much speed.

Kearse was over 260.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if we draft a RB or a TE in the 1st, I'll be pissed

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

He's currently listed at 6'3, 250 on NFL.com's site.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/quentin-groves?id=240

I heard an interview with him a few days back where he said he expects to weight 250-255 at the combine.

He is the best pure pass-rusher in the draft, and if we can re-sign Odom or sign Justin Smith as an every down DE, I am all for drafting Groves as our #3 DE. I could see KVB flipping inside on 3rd downs as well and us having a front 4 of Groves, Albert, KVB and Odom on passing downs. Me like.....

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Hmmm... I can understand finding a older site where he may be lighter but an inch taller? Still, 250 is too light and I still think he's better suited for the 3-4. But the Titans have drafted pure pass rushers at DE before. LaBoy (going by memory) was about that size. Jacob Ford was there as well.

Kearse has been injured often. LaBoy has as well. I think both are weak against the run. Ford doesn't appear to be anything but a speed rusher who can't keep weight on and is a liability against the run.

If Groves has the frame to add about 20 pounds with losing much speed, it may be worth it. But I'm not a fan of taking smallish guys at DE who can't stand up to the run. He'd be much better suited as a rushing LB in the 3-4.

5. nouveaux

nouveaux Starter

+1

6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

No way there are nine dlinemen that grade out to be 1st round picks and actually get taken in the 1st round. This is a very deep draft and there are too many good players at other positions to take the 9th best Dlinemen in this draft as your top player.

As far as taking a RB or TE in the 1st. I just want the best player availabe and if that is Jamal Charles who could be switched to WR then I'm all for it. After watching the combines today I didn't see a TE that was worthy of a 1st round pick so I'm with you there.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Dustin Keller from Purdue was pretty sick, he put on a great workout.

8. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

There are way to many te's with potential in this draft to take one in the first round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar