Bongo Predicts New Variations For CJ...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He's on the Jets board predicting some new work for CJ, coming out of Jeff and Dinger's plans to mix things up. Spreading it out into the no-huddle shotgun is what he's talking about. I'm excited to hear it, and hope that we see a little of it come out this week. Then again, if we don't, it would be a great thing to bring out in the playoffs.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183137&page=2

I think we may see it...........it is the best way to beat a good 3-4 and we still have to play Clev and Pitt and we likely will see NY or Pitt again.........so we need to work on it.............the second reason was that CJ came in monday for extra work........with Collins and the WR and TE's............and this morning they had a special Offense only practice in the bubble at BSP.............the word i got from a spectator there was it was all no huddle and one back with CJ alone and in motion............so I do think we see it at some point. Last week was the first time they used CJ in motion all yr............so I think Fisher is intent on changing tendencies especially with Pitts and Indy coming up and also with the playoffs coming up. In TC they ran a pony package with LW and CJ on the field at the same time and it was very effective and to date we have not seen it used once.............they have only been on the field together once since TC and that happened in Chicago 2 weeks ago..............we know its coming but we dont know when............closed bubble practices make me think its coming soon.

Later on the same thread...
    i am not saying we are going to stay in it all game.........i think we are going to make Jenkins run alot..........a real lot early.........we actually did this to Carolina a bit last yr with peppers and jenkins and it worked........we put 140 on them.........and Jenkins spent alot of time with an Oxygen mask on...........I think we are going to still have abalanced attack but how we do it what I see being modified............The Jets will prepare for our tendencies..........and Fisher and Dinger have already last week started doing somethings just to break them...........I think this week we see more of it.

I also think they are going to target Law Bowens and Harris with CJ and the Te's.....................I think they are going to run Revis out of plays all day with 9 routes with Gage and Jones...........I think it will be a decoy.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Very exciting stuff. I think we all knew (or at least hoped) that this offense would get more complex at some point.

Just hope we don't bust it out too soon. Let's save it for a game that matters.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I would.............like to see this..............as well..............

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, I'm dying to see if he can be a spark to the passing offense... He's been better between the tackles than I expected, but we need to get him into space - once he's in the secondary he really can take it to the house any play. It's just a matter of getting him the ball out there.

I think we're at the point in the season where it's safe to show it. Just because teams see it doesn't mean they can really stop it. I'm more concerned about a rookie's legs holding up - we're using him a lot, and I don't know if he's been slowed from teams stacking up against the run or because he's getting tired.

5. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

This does bring to mind that maybe, just maybe, Fish has been running predictable Fisher ball for the last 10 weeks on purpose.

Titans have been winning, with only occasionally having to change schemes to win....maybe Fisher didnt want Dinger to open up the whole playbook yet....and actually maybe save some of these special packages for when they are really needed, which looks like now maybe not til the playoffs?

Its a huge disadvantage to opposing D's if they gameplan for one style of Fisher ball, and then he completely changes it on them with whole new packages....those D's would never see it coming.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm sure there are varrying levels of pulling out new packages. I'm sure we'll save some stuff for the playoffs. I am really glad to hear that we're thinking ahead and trying to break up our tendencies that other teams are seeing.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think Coach Fisher and his staff have done a remarkable job of making adjustments during games so far this year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He can't catch the ball! Even screen passes are an adventure so aside from using him wide as a decoy to open someone else it makes little sense.

There is nothing wrong with this passing offense. Seen the last 2 games?

No huddle is always worth having to use from time to time.

9. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

110%!!!!

Multiple games now we are being out played ....

until halftime hits. We have consistently been able to put together a plan at halftime to come out and put it on the other team. Great second half football.

He's alright. He has dropped a bunch though. I guess it comes down to what is alright? He drops a couple but takes a few for big gains. Or we don't use him in that way?

I am stoked on the play of Collins these past three games, however the first team we play ( if any for that matter ) that can stop the run without selling out to do so, will give him problems.

Are the Jets capable?

I can't remember when but someone here must remember that formation we used in a game a while ago. We came out with one lineman in front of the QB and the rest on the right side of the field. We ended up throwing a screen to the WR behind the line but didn't gain anything. When was this and what formation was it?

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

CJ's hands scare me, i'll be nervous to see a deep ball thrown to him. His feet are his weapons not his hands. but in a game where every play counts i just dont see us taking a chance on passing down field to CJ when Jones and Gage are better at catching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar