Bob McNair votes "no confidence" on Carr

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Interesting article in the Houston Chronicle yesterday...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4532439.html

I'm sure that just makes Texans fans even more furious that they didn't draft Vince.

I know there's been some talk that they'd go after Plummer, but I wonder why Jeff Garcia's name hasn't come up more in connection with Houston.

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

it's hard to throw consistently when you're on the ground consistently

And I'm not sure Garcia would want to start on a sub par team, he tried that twice and it didn't work, I expect him to re-sign with the Eagles and go into next season as McNabb's backup.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, that wasn't as true this season as it has been. The strange thing really is the inconsistency... he had a great start to the season and fizzled. Sad to see a #1 pick lead to those results. It'll be interesting to see what happens with this.

4. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Pick up Carr to replace Collins?

5. maximus

maximus Starter

Hmm interesting.
    I think Carr will be released/traded. They will bring a vet in and draft a young QB to be mentored by said vet. Jake Plummer mentoring Brady Quinn? Troy Smith? Would the Texans trade with the Jets (who had 4 QBs in training camp with starting experiance in the NFL).
    Houston is furious now

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Still, getting sacked something like 200 times in your first four seasons can mess up a QB, you'll never hear anyone in Houston say that, but I think that's why he never panned out. If they bring in Brady Quinn and don't significantly improve the o-line look for the same thing to happen to him.

7. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I doubt it. They excercised an $8 mil extension last season, so they'd have a significant cap hit if they dumped him.

8. Well, no cap hit really. Just dead money. They only extended him though 2007. But they would save his $5.25M base salary.

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

And only play him against the Jags ... :grrhee:

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Garcia is strictly a WC offense QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar