Bob Dylan vs The Eagles CLOSED

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Feb 18, 2016.

?

BAND WARS RD1: Bob Dylan vs The Eagles

Poll closed Feb 19, 2016.
  1. Bob Dylan

27.8%
  2. The Eagles

72.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I've never seen him but this is par for the course of what I've heard from everyone I know who has seen him live.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

yep. that's why a lot of his legendary songs are known by their cover versions from more talented artists. Hendrix and Old Crow turned poop into gold with Watchtower and Wagon Wheel. Those two songs would have been completely forgotten without those covers.

maybe it changes once he kicks the bucket.. but I'm 30, and the majority of my generation and younger don't care a bit about Dylan., nor could 99 percent name even one of his songs, if I had to wager. Honestly, I have to follow music more than most, and I can only name you Mr Tambourine Man and Forever Young, out of his original catalog, performed by him.

Skilled writer, not skilled performer or musician. But that's ok. he's done quite well for himself.

#12 nickmsmith, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Here's one...

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The Times They are a Changing..
    Blowin in The Wind
    Maggie's Farm
    Like a Rolling Stone
    The Girl From North Country

Heck I'm not even a Dylan fan and can barely remember where I put my car keys but I can name off a list of his pretty huge stuff relatively quickly..
    The younger generation.. doesn't know sh*t anyway..

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, that totally doesn't look like a flea market bootleg at all! Lol

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

There are others..
    It's the eagles. Lebowski.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

You need to tell Glenn Frey then...as he insisted that there is no "the". Debut album, on the border, Hotel C, The Long Run, everything up to their disbanding: Eagles. Far be it from me to defend a band I dislike, but...Eagles.
    Media and journalists and layman all insist on "the" after a 60's full of "the"-animal-named bands, which Frey deliberately shunned.
    Eagles.

AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE WHO KNOWS THE NAME OF THE MOST POPULAR CALIFORNIA COUNTRY ROCK BAND EVER??!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar