Blu-Ray adoption rate higher then DVD

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Gunny, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

For starters, I'm all about the physical hard copy. I like having a library as well, but it doesn't change where the industry is going. Those Netflix etc direct downloads are damn close to disc quality already - significant improvement over those old hotel type on demand movies. Just the blink on an eye away from going blow to blow with BluRay.. Then bye bye

2. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

DIgital distribution is trash in my opinion. I would rather have a hard copy any day. For starters you don't own the digital copy, you own a license of it, one that can be revoked at any time the distributor sees fit. Secondly, internet speeds in parts of the world like Tokyo and other tightly crowded cities could handle the internet bandwith needed for streaming movies in good quality, but most of the U.S. does not have the speed for it. Comcast, one of the faster providers in the U.S. typically has enough problems with the speeds they run at, including frequent outage, as well as new bandwith caps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar