Blown call (whistle)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Mitch86, Jan 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyline

Skyline Starter

My favorite take on this was that the Raiders got ripped off by the Bengals not getting ripped off. Pretty much sums it up.

I hate stuff like, because nobody knows what may have happened if the down had been replayed. This was towards the end of the half and after the TD, the Raiders marched down the field and scored before halftime, which was huge for them.

If they replay the down, who's to say the Bengals don't convert the first down and then run the clock down and punch it in before the half ends? This stops the Raiders from scoring and Cincy gets the ball to start the 2nd half. We just don't know.

Either way, I'm glad the crew is done. They were brutal the whole game.

And yes, Burrow was joking about the whistle. We've gotten to know his very slight smirk very well ;)

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

cryin' ass cheaters cheat

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

How exactly did the Bengals cheat? A call went their way...happens to alot of teams, karma could work for us this weekend..would we be cheaters?
    Man you have verbal diahrea at times

BS, Troll, Boring rating incoming....

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I’d argue that it wasn’t even a call that went “their way” but a non call that didn’t go against them. That TD was happening either way.

Kind of like a missed holding call except unlike a hold that may have positively impacted a big play, this did t actually effect the play at all.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I think you just like to argue lol

No one knows what would have happened if it was replayed...it stood so it went their way

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

nfl failed to enforce the rule ... thus the cheating

8. HurrayTitans!

I didnt write that clear. I meant the TD was happening whether they blew the whistle or not, not if they had called for the play to be redone.

Had they enforced the whistle, Cincinnati May have very well been screwed. By it not being enforced, the Raiders didn’t get screwed, they just weren’t gifted either.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. HurrayTitans!

They fail to enforce rules all the time. Whether it’s missed calls or incorrect calls or straight up bad calls on the subjective stuff.
    Can’t see this as cheating.

With the result of what happened as is, the refs look like dummies, but the play itself wasn’t effected so it’s still the bengals beating the Raiders on that play.
    If they did call back the play, they screw the bengals out of a TD and literally gift the raiders a second chance they didn’t deserve. I’d say THAT is more like cheating.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Titans vs Miami a few years ago...

go to the 2:15 mark...

fish cheated

same shyt... cheating cheaters cheat

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar