Blount didn't clear waivers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaudreaux

Beaudreaux Starter

Henry had to be the worst from what I remember

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm ok with the cut. Like the idea of a battering ram, but not neccessary as CJ will find the end zone using his feet which I think can be just as important. There is always a hole, you just need to find it.

Blount is also an implosion waiting to happen. Repetitive behavior is hard to change, and we got a glimpse of the dark road that teases Blount on a consistent basis. I think everyone likes Blount. Believe that. But nobody wants to be around when his temper blows. And nobody wants to be around when we are cost a game.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Lol!!!

Agreed! LOL!

But apparently we should just believe lies because some body some where on the forum said it.:suspect:[/QUOTE]

Your lack of knowledge does not mean someone else is lying. Perhaps you might look up with the word lie since you are using it incorrectly. If you, as you state, have no knowledge of the issue, how could you claim that I'm lying?

Gut

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

#1. Even IF the Titans had kept him, he'd be on the practice squad and still could be taken by another team.

#2. Blount would probably not see much if any action this year. Since he doesn't play Special Teams, he'd be inactive even he made the 53 man roster so go back to #1. This is clearly not better for us over a good special teams player who will play every week.

#3. Blount has looked good in the preseason going against 2nd and 3rd string defensive players. That is hardly a guarantee he'd look that good against 1st string defensive players.

#4. For this to haunt us, Blount would have to show he can run as well against better defensive players, become a solid pass blocker, be almost as good as CJ or have a longer career than CJ. It is more likely this combination of things does not happen.

Gut

5. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Look on the bright side: If anything goes wrong, we got Ringer, then some other dude. Then if, and that's a big if, we needed another rb we got Donnie Nickey.

You say, "Lateknight, Donnie Nickey is a safety and plays on special teams."

I say, "Without Donnie, those squads would be referred to as average so so teams. Yes, Donnie puts the Special in those teams my friend; and therefore, he could bring that special with him wherever he was needed. My fellow posters, Donnie puts the Ow in Boo-yow!"

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Lol!!!

This is in response to him saying, "I never siad the Keith/Wycheck were the best." Which he didn't. Do you have a comprehension problem?

Since you would have to KNOW what he KNOWS to make the above statement and you clearly don't, you can't make this claim since it is inherently false. Secondly, he has provided some evidence given by people with more knowledge of the team than you. Since you have admitted not knowing anything derogatory, it appears you have even LESS knowledge.

Additionally, you claim you have heard nothing but positive things about Blount. From whom and where? Please cite your reputable sources that also predicted the 0-6 start last year (since this was your rationale for attempting to damage the credibility of his sources). You have better ones, right?

Gut

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes...

Afterall, when Verner says he didn't do something right but Karma disagrees, he doesn't even believe the player!!! Perhaps he has a better source than Verner, though I can't imagine who or what that would be!

ROFL!!!

Gut

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Lol...

Yes you have. Perhaps you should re-read your posts.

Gut

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That's like asking the sun if it's hot. Don't know why every single person here doesn't have him/her on ignore..

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm actually excited to see what Ringer can do. I would of loved to keep Blount on the team, I still wish we would of kept him and cut Nickey or Schommer. We could of done this, CJ gets the ball from endzone to endzone. If CJ is tired within the 20 yards line or it's a goaline formation (short yardage), Blount gets the ball. If the balls between the 20s, Ringer got the ball.

Ringer actually reminds me a little of Ray Rice. Same body style, Rice is faster fo sho tho. Ringer had some decent combine stats (yes, I know COMBINE stats aren't everything - unless your the Raiders). If you want the stats there on his wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javon_Ringer.

I just don't understand why we need 6 safeties an 8 linebackers, but only 2 RBs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar