Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 24, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

Sounds like Vince.

2. 24

24 Starter

We will draft Gabbert. Take it to the bank.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's very weird how there doesn't really seem to be anyone on this forum who likes Gabbert at all. For once, we all agree on something.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

no ones talking gabbert latley - just locker and fairley ... but mayock thinking gabbert could go to tennessee

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/203312/no-free-agency-in-nfl-until-injunction-ruling

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I agree. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we trade up for him. He is going to be a star for someone, and I hope it is us.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I have warmed a bit more to Gabbert after the Gruden interview. Gabbert's dink and dunk stats are largely due to that retarded on step and throw offense out of an empty backfield.

He couldn't throw passes beyond 10 yards because he didn't have time. It was a system that could help him to some degree because he is used to making very quick throws so he is better prepared to deal with pressure than Ponder or Locker.

Could somebody explain how Gabbert cannot read defenses? Just because he didn't play in a multi read offense doesn't mean he can't play in one. The first step is to evaluate the reads he made. Even if a play called for one read did he make the right read or did he throw to receivers who were covered?

In the Newton interview they discussed a play in which Newton has to read the safety on a medium range post to the TE. He made the read and executed the play perfectly and explained how the play works and why it works.

7. TorontoTitanFan

We get it. You really, really, really like Cam Newton.

This is the Blaine Gabbert thread. Let's talk about Blaine Gabbert.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm arguing with the moronic idea that unless a guy played in an nfl type defense he can't read defenses. I would rate how well a guy can read defenses by the decisions he had to make.

9. 24

24 Starter

Those Pros/Cons were before I watched any film on him. I literally just copied it from some website. As you can see, the first post was from early January. No one was expecting him to declare, including me.

But, after watching 4 games on him (Iowa, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Oklahoma), he can make the progressions. But, he lacks any instincts to play the position, whether it's anticipating routes, pocket awareness, timing, etc. I don't like him, I've always said that. He looks like he's over thinking the position, kind of what got Alex Smith into trouble.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TorontoTitanFan

According to the latest report from Jason La Canfora, there's a good chance Gabbert will still be on the board when the Titans pick at #8. He thinks the Bengals and Cardinals will both pass on him. Would the Titans?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar