Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 24, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Not at #8 that's way too high give me Mallett.

2. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

I think that pick belongs to New England... could be wrong though.

3. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

No, thanks.

Anyone else see the Iowa game? I don't much care for Mallett but I'd prefer him over Gabbert. I wouldn't mind Newton either but his passing abilities are questionable imo. I think Malzan is behind his success.

4. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Usually what I'm looking for in a QB is the polar opposite of his cons.

Ability to read defenses, make 2nd and 3rd reads, maintain composure in the pocket, decent footwork and some experience under center.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Todd McShay.. a so called "expert".. has Gabbert going 5th overall to the Cardinals.

6. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I think with Gabbert, Locker, and Newton, some GM will get wide eyed based on their potential and all could go in the top 15-20, especially Newton. I just hope the Titans aren't the team that takes them. Either trade up and take Luck if he comes out, or take Mallett. We cannot afford to take a high upside/high risk QB again and miss. As far as Todd McShay goes, I think he is the worst draft analyst out there. The guy gets so enamored with the potential that he doesn't look at the tape. He's the one that had Jevon Snead as the #1 QB prospect before last season. And said Jamarcus Russell was a once in a generation QB.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah the dudes an idiot. I think we have a 0.1% chance of getting Luck. We'd have to trade the house to move up from him, and he would not slip to us. So lets just get Luck out of our heads, it will not happen. I do not want Locker or Newton. I wouldn't mind Gabbert or Mallett.. but I prefer them in the 2nd round. The quesiton is, will teams fall for the hype and take the QBs in the 1st or will they fall. I just hope they fall.

8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

You're right about Luck..it would most likely cost us our 1st in this draft and in 2012 and our 2nd rounder this year. And that still may not be enough. Mallett will not fall outside the top 15, he is too good. I would be more then happy with him at pick 8. Gabbert and Locker I could see sliding, someone will reach for Cam Newton, I see him going top 10.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We have to understand that drafting a QB 8th means that VY is gone and traded and that our starting QB at least for 2011 will very likely be Kerry Collins.

Collins doesn't have a contract but if that is the plan that is what i think they will do. Sign him and have the rookie sit and watch for a year. I know a lot of rookie QBs have done well recently like Roethlisberger, Flacco, Ryan but that is the traditional route to go.

From that perspective we need to consider a QB who can learn over time even if he might not be ready in year one. Cam Newton might be such an example.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Amazing that great blue north lists Gabbert as the #2 prospect at QB ahead of Locker, ponder and Newton.

His stats are not that impressive at all. His TD to int ratio was not overly impressive and neither are his yards per attempt. His college passing rating was 127 hardly top 10 material.

Terrelle Pryor is a guy nobody talks about but his suspension could cause him to come out. Pryor had better passing numbers than Babbert and is an athletic freak.

Maybe the best of the lot is Pat Devlin who was terrific last year with 22 TDs and just 2 ints. If he weihs over 230 at the combine shows the arm strength you expect out of a top 10 pick i would take him at 8th.

Devlin is from Delaware and it won't hurt that Flacco has been such a success from there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar