Black Ops??

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Deuce Wayne, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

No skill? Please explain.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It's better than Modern Warfare 2, no question in my mind.

1. More balance, in almost all aspects. Kill-streaks no longer compound and count towards other kill-streaks, which created a lot of broken matches in previous COD games. The higher kill-streaks you have to actually earn. That's a huge step forward. The weapons are also more balanced within the class-systems. Although, the elimination of no-scoping made sniping harder and also shotguns aren't as effective. It's all SMG/Assault Rifle now.

2. Maps are better. There is a more logical flow to the maps now. It's harder to control choke points, as most choke points (that I've found) have logical, direct ways to counter if you're getting dominated there. It just takes time to learn the maps.

3. Wager matches are great. I don't necessarily think the currency system is revolutionary, but the wager matches themselves are a blast. It brings me back to game modes in Perfect Dark, Timesplitters, etc. with the wacky match types. Sticks and Stones and One In The Chamber are particularly hectic and fantastic.

4. Sheer value is higher in this package than in 99% of games you get today. You have a good single player (better than MW2 and WaW, no question), a nice zombie mode (could be standalone honestly), great multiplayer, and also a standalone, Easter-Egg game called DOA (it's better than most 10 dollar PSN titles).

Problems that I see? Spawn points still suck at times and the servers still have some pretty bad issues. Other than, great game.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I was REALLY disappointed with Modern Warfare 2's online play. Is it better?

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea, that's what I would expect from it considering Treyarch did both. Treyarch basically copies Infinity Ward. Can't ask for much more. I wish Madden 11 copied Madden 10 with very minor fixations. Instead, they changed way too much and the game sucks.

I don't get it... do Infinity Ward and Treyarch just swap off for each game?

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So what game does take "skill" in your opinion?

Just curious...

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Basically all video games besides (some) XBL arcade games like Uno take skill.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yup. That way each company has two years to develop their game so there isn't a Madden type situation where you get the same game every year.

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Too bad that still happens...MW->MW2. Cool they added nukes.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well, about 1 hr in on multi-player and I'm very pleased. This game feels great. Perfect pace- just fun.

The good thing about Treyarch vs Infinity Ward- Treyarch will actually patch glitches consistently. Infinity Ward ignores the problems.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I've never understood the skill criticism in CoD that people have. What skill do you need? Better dexterity on the controller?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar