billy volek on sportsline

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickel, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

It may be time.
    I personally really like Fisher.
    We are in year 2 of rebuilding and IMO...I think it would be a disaster to hire an all new coaching staff. That would set the rebuilding period back a year or more. Again....just an opinion.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

And, had BV completed 60% of his passes during the pre-season games he played, thrown four or five TD passes, lead drives downfield consistently, you're right. None of this crap would be going on.

But, he didn't.

Nothing is handed to you because you are the incumbent #1 coming "into" camp.

You have to earn the job.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

All that maybe true, but who brings in their starting QB a week before the season? There is no reason in the world that Collins couldnt have been brought in at least a couple of weeks earlier. And I find it a little funny that you say nothing is handed to you, when in fact, the job was more or less just handed to Collins.

4. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

If KC came in at the beginning of camp and won the job over both BV and VY, then it would be a sign of the end times.

This is a pattern of bogus personel moves that has eroded my faith in the Fisher/Reese combo. Before this, I would have liked to see them stay to "father" the rebuilding. But if either or both of them see KFC, even as an "interim" QB as progress, they have lost all perspective.

KFC did nothing to "earn" the job either. He was installed by the FO, without any "competition" that was mentioned. He came to camp, got #1 reps, and keeps the starting job despite having demonstrated nothing- the same nothing that some would say makes BV unqualified for the job.

5. skitch

Again...it looks like that may have been Reese.

6. skitch

:dead:

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Im sure it was Reese who waited so long to bring him in, but Fisher is the coach and should have the decision about who plays. I think they are in panic mode and I think they are making some dumb decisions because of it. I have no problem with Collins being here, but why would you wait until a week before the season to bring in your starting QB?

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

If Collins lays up good numbers this sunday- all this discussion is moot.

9. skitch

I am not trying to argue with you here. I am agreeing with you...kinda'.
    But that's just it. Fisher did have the decision about who plays. He made it. It was Collins. He wanted him since the start of camp but Reese wouldn't bring him in at that time. When he finally got here, Fisher gave him the reps in practice to learn the plays and started him.
    It looks to me like the whole ordeal of Collins coming in late was Reese.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Well I understand that. But Fisher still probably coud have and maybe should have, let Volek at least take the first game since he is more familiar with the receivers. This franchise just looks lost right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar