Billy Mays is dead.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jessestylex, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

My wife bought that spinning dog nail trimmer for the pups. Piece of crap didn't even start to work.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Why not? Gloat's not complaining about it. An honest question.

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Insulting someone's job or something personal on a forum is pretty lame to me..and Gloat probably hasn't seen it yet..

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You must be joking. Gloat -Mr. "I'll beat you 9 times out of 10 at anything" will just give it back. And a job is a job - you can quit. If I was the mop boy at the Adult Video Booth I'd expect a ration of sh*t..

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm not insulting his job at all.

I'm amazed with all his bragging and god given talent at everything (or so he says) he works in a warehouse or whatever it is he does.

You'd think someone who can do everything would back it up instead of talking about it on a forum.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Pretty sure Billy Mays didn't endorse that.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Nothing wrong with working in a warehouse.

it takes all kinds of jobs to keep the world working.

or we could all be doctors, but then who would make the surgeon tools or write the big checks? of course that wouldnt matter cause you wouldnt be able to get to work with no car. we would just have 2 billion doctors standing around with nothing getting done. but at least we could brag we have an awesome job!

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

There are talented people that are completely jobless, so why are you so amazed?
    I know a guy that played for the Cincinnati reds that works in the same warehouse. I guess he's just not truly talented, eh?

Understand that as talented as I claim I am, I always say I'm good at everything and GREAT at nothing. I can run fast. I was a good soccer player, a good basketball player, good dancer, decent artist, good writer, good actor, etc... The closest thing I'm great at is acting, and using words to either A. Get people riled up or B. Whatever else I want. Also the most fun talent, I suppose.
    Jack of all trades. If I brag about something it's because I haven't been shut up about it yet. You wont hear me brag about baseball because I'm not that good at it. Football? Same thing. Too small.
    But if I'm bragging about it, I feel that I can do it better than 95% of whatever audience I'm speaking to. And it's probably true.

BUT, I never claimed that any of it warrants fame.

Though best believe, I see 100 Billy Mays any time I visit a flea market that sells 20 dollar Ralph Lauren Jeans.
    Hell, Billy Mays comes to my door at least once a month trying to sell me Kirby vacuum cleaners, and while they're a much better product than the crap he sells- I'm still not buying.

It all boils down to this: Opportunity. Some people get them. Some people make the most of them. Some people never get them. Some people watch them pass by.
    I'm the laziest and less motivated- but most talented person you'll ever know. Add me to facebook and just observe how many people that KNOW me tell me on a daily basis. Talent is useless without discipline or motivation- and I have neither. My worst trait = procrastination.
    "You run like a cheetah" (just as I write this haha)

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Gloat can i roll with you?

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Anyway- I just watched the show Pitchmen, and I assume that these products are actually his, or at least he took the invention from someone else (or bought them), and that's how he made the majority of his money.
    He took himself way too seriously though. Getting hyped up before his segments was hilarious for him only to talk the exact same way he usually does. Well, a bit louder.

He didn't seem as much like a douche-bag as expected, but still... just a typical salesman. Dime a dozen.

Yeah Jesse. I need someone else that knows the art of pissing board members off to help carry the load.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar