Bill Peterson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Since this franchise is about to add another profound name to the list of head coaches there's no better time to revisit the quotes of the late, great Bill Peterson..

Introducing new Florida State assistant Buzz Whitehead to the rest of the staff: ``Gentlemen, this is White Buzzhead, and I've told him we don't put up with any panky-hanky around here.''

``I want you to remember the words of Henry Patrick: Kill me or let me live.''

``Men, when they play the national anthem, I want you to stand on your helmets and put the sidelines under your arms.''

``Men, I want you to think of one word all season. One word and one word only -- Super Bowl.''

Peterson, speaking on his television show about Tucker Fredrickson, star running back for Auburn, that week's opponent -- ``Remember the name . . . (at this point, he reversed the first letter of the Auburn player's first and last name and it came out as . . .uh, you know . . .well, this is a family board and maybe we should just let you figure it out for yourselves.).''

``You guys line up in groups of three and then line up in a circle.''

``Guys, line up alphabetically by height.''

``Listen, men, I didn't bring you here in a three-plane motor to lose to a team like this.''

``The greatest thing just happened to me. I got indicted into the Florida Sports Hall of Fame. They had a standing observation for me.''

``I'm the football coach here and don't you remember it.''

``I couldn't remember anything until I took that Sam Carnegie course.''

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar