Big Question is what do we do at quarterback?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan Yapper, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

What kind of guarantee?

You're saying...
    Collins won't be starter?
    Vince Young won't be traded?
    Vince Young won't demand a trade?
    Simms won't be 3rd stringer?
    We won't draft a qb?

None of it? I'll be glad to take that bet. At least one of them is going to happen unless VY is the starter. My predicition is that all of it will happen. They'll fall like dominoes once Collins is named starter. We'll see.

2. mrredskin

mrredskin Camp Fodder

I agree that a better WR is one of the biggest issues, but a true "go to receiver" isn't always the answer. of the 8 teams that were left last weekend, which of those had a go to WR? Two: AZ and Carolina. No, Mason is not a go to receiver anymore. We see what happened with Carolina. AZ does have that option with Fitz, but they also have Breaston who's proved to be at least an excellent slot option, and Boldin who just happened to be injured. What we need is a better GROUP of WRs, not that one option you have to watch for.

As for QB, you pump jockeys who didn't even pay attention to the game obviously didn't realize that Collins played an awesome game. It's not his fault Itchy Alge and Fatty Patty f'd us in the red zone and that you get an additional 2 seconds on the play clock once you get to 0. For what the Titans have right now, he was obviously the best choice all year. I actually thought about having VY being brought in during that last drive to create some confusion but we had to have yardage in under a minute and throwing it was the only way that was going to be accomplished, and VY just can't get it done.

3. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

He has to be smarter than that he threw the ball to Crumpler he caught it and fumbled it that was not Collins fault. Quarterbacks don't go into the game with all the stats saying that they can't throw it to certain receivers because they didn't play well all year. That would be stupid. Crumpler was open he throw to him and it would have been a great play if he wouldn't have fumbled it.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Mason IS a go-to receiver. Arizona, Pittsburg, Philly, and Baltimore have more of a "go-to" receiver then we do.

Truth is, I don't expect to see major improvements in the passing game, regardless of whether it's Vince or Kerry, without a major addition in the receiving department.

5. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

this quarterback issue is and will be our biggest problem we wil have to face. we all probably agree we need a reciever that can make those big difference plays but we need a quarterback that can get the balls to a reciever first. i think this might take another season to figure out what we need to do with vince. collins has said he doesnt wanna be a backup so if we resign him then we need to cut vince right? or do we let vince sit another season and marinate a little longer? i dont know the right answer or solution to this but God, i hope fisher and mike come up with a good idea to this problem

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Sign KFC and let VY learn how to play QB for one more year. Let Dinger work his magic, and see if he can get the hamster back on the wheel. Try to get another playmaker, get Hawkins more involved in the system and see if we can get some talent around whoever is playing QB. I'm not ready to cut ties with VY, but I do not want them to just hand over the reigns without seeing drastic improvement.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I stopped reading after that because that's idiotic. How was Collins to know White or Crumpler would fumble? I've never seen someone blame a QB for someone else's fumble.

2, 3, 4, and 5 wont happen. Although 5 should happen.

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I'm sorry man but i dont agree with anything you just posted. Collins job is to find the open receiver no matter who it is and get the dam ball to him. Once that receivers catches it,its the WR job to #1 not fumble and #2 get yards after catch. Sure theirs going to be certain situations where their is a bread and butter play for a certain player but the majority of the time you take what the defense gives you. Its easy for all of us to play Monday QB and say he should of done this and should of passed to player X but in reality Collins is the one with the bullzye on his back that has to make a decision in about 5 seconds. I had no problems with Collins going to Alge when he fumbled, considering hes the same guy that smoked Ray Lewis for the game winning TD the first time we played them. White's turn over was critical, but after C.J. went out, he was are last option, i cant be mad at that, he did what he could,which at times wasnt enough. You take those fumbles,penalties, and missed field goal and convert them into points, i guarentee you,this conversation isnt happening because none of that is Collins fault.

9. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

is this satire/sarcasm/exageration for a point? This combined with your previous post really makes me hope you aren't in management, because you seem to think it is the manager's fault if an individual member of the team fails to execute...

10. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

LOL!!!!!

What you saw in the game is what we saw from Young. The thing is we need better receivers just like we needed them with Vince.

Our offense minus Chris Johnson=sucks.

LOL!!! Everybody wanted to blame Vince Young but the reality is, the offense will suck when we don't have CJ because our receivers aren't so good.

We don't make any moves at QB.

Here is what we'd do if we wanted to do more than pretend to be making a run at the SB:

1. We bring back Collins and let he and Young compete. One of them will be the starter.

2a. We get a good receiver and let Young and Dumb or Old Man Collins make their mistakes in a slightly more daring offense, come on strong late to win around 11 games and make a real run at the SB.

or

2b. We don't get a receiver and we continue to score about 13 points. We win 10-13 games and pretend to be this monster of a team until we get to the playoffs and we get 2 td runs from CJ, score only 14 points and lose. Then we all jump on the message boards and talk about how we were so close and how we would have won if the refs didn't screw us.

1 will happen and 2a SHOULD happen but we'll more than likely be back here in this same situation next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar