Big Kitty In Stores Soon

Discussion in 'Gear' started by maximus, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everyone gets different results. I've seen lots of clients with BSODs and crashes over the years, even with XP.

And WMP = Windows Media Player

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

In my experience with Dell machines (several hundred units), I've found serious issues with about 1%. When I say serious, I mean premature hard drive failures, BSOD issues due to driver incompatibilities, etc.

Back when we used primarily IBM machines, it was probably more like 5%. Before that, we were a Macintosh shop, but we were a much smaller company and only had about 10 computers at the time.

3. maximus

maximus Starter

I've had the BSOD once. I had spyware and antivirus.
    I have had 2 Dell PCs in the last 4 years. Within 1ish years, both computers were slowed tremendously and no spyware, antivirus could fix problem.
    On my desktop I reformated the HD to fix it.
    My next computer will be a iMac or MacBook

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'm supervising a show right now and an exhibitor has had trouble with 2 different Dell PC's in consecutive days .... just by playing back an .mpg DVD
    yesterday, the DVD would freeze the system requiring reboot
    today the new PC had a critical error and said it was backing up to the HDD

2 machines
    2 days
    not good

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

my wife is lookig to replace her f'ed up Dell Inspiron
    if she stays with PC's , I'm steering her in ther Sony Vaio / Alienware Area51 notebooks ..... but I'm also trying to convince her that she can run XP on a MacBook using BootCamp (and no I wouldn't want to suggest Vista)

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You better come up with a far better list than what you did then lol.
    And yes, they're equal. The only reason I'd suggest going with a Mac is if you were heavily involved in media. Graphics, Video, Photography, etc. Otherwise, you might aswell stick to what you're familiar with and the one that is much easier to find compatible products, programs, etc with.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

AHAA !!!!
    :grrhee:
    your conversion is nearly complete :ha:

8. maximus

maximus Starter

Or if your doing Word Processing and regular computer work, a Mac would be great with. In fact, Office for Mac is better than Office for Windows.

Windows 2007 is awful. Some classes in MTSU have and it is awful. Compatibility issues out the wazzoo

Reasons to choose Windows over Apple
    1. TitanJeff threatening to cut you off from gotitans.com
    2. BiPolar staring you in the face on gameday
    3. You enjoy screaming and yelling at lifeless computers
    4. Your a doctor and believe that computer with viruses will soon be patients
    5. A computer that slows down after only being 6 months old.
    6. You like to follow others jumping off a cliff

Reasons to choose Apple over Windows
    1. Apple a day keeps the (computer) doctor away
    2. You enjoy a solid GUI with a OS that has very little problems
    3. Very small virus threat
    4. A computer that keeps its speed long after 6 months
    5. You want to have others go sweet computer dude

Pulling out a PC laptop is like trying to pick up a girl at a red light in a Pinto. Sure it gets to point A, but the ride there can get a little bumpy
    Pulling out a apple laptop is like getting the girl at a red light in a Honda S2000. It gets to point A, fast and efficient.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Actually with the Apple you wouldn't even get to pick up the girl because she'll likely think you're gay :))

And Puck, Dell have serious issues with some of their PC's such as docking, multiple screen support, etc, but I've never experienced situations like the one you describe, and our company uses Dell PC's exclusively (personally have an Inspiron 9400 for workrelated business).

And just to be clear, I don't mind people having Mac's, although I could never see myself using one, however it's ridiculous to say the Mac is better than the PC (or vice versa).

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'm not sure if it's beyond the scope of being "ridiculous"

Apple clearly has pros
    Windows clearly has cons
    maybe that's easier for you to digest

I think "outsiders" just get too caught up on the style factor and the price point. If Mac's were black instead of white and you could get a MacBook Pro for $750, they'd be awesome

interesting that the anti-apple posts here have yet to reveal anything real productive, other than some high school homosexual smack talk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar