Big Kitty In Stores Soon

Discussion in 'Gear' started by maximus, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah, 10 / 26 has been the rumored date for sometime now
    reports were still waiting for Leopard to go Gold Master
    I'm guessing they've got a go on it

I'm excited ..... because now I can go blast a few grand on one those new 24" iMac's with Leopard on a clean factory install
    the only thing keeping me from buying one already is the fact that it would have Tiger and I would have overwritten Leopard on top - i've never liked doing that

but , I can see it now ..... the day I buy a new iMac, they'll upgrade the DuoCore to Quad Core or Install a higher end Graphic card or something - it never fails

when I bought the first one (G5), they came out with the Intel chips a few weeks later :cuss: alot of stuff nowadays wants to run on Intel Macs

3. Hell, I've never even bought Tiger...

But I'll probably buy Leopard eventually.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

What is this? an OS? Or some pretty colors for another pretty apple product? Even the names there are gimmicky.

5. Leopard sounds better than OS X.5 does to the masses. Simple as that...

But hey, Microsoft used to do Windows98, Win2000 (just like Apple used to have OS 8 and OS 9), etc before Apple came out with OS X. First it was XP to make it sound like X. Then MS copied Apple's marketing again and came up with the name Vista (which has been a complete waste of time).

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Puck, I learned the hard way with iLife'08---let the pioneers take the arrows.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I agree. I monitor MacRumors.com and probably won't upgrade anything for close to a year unless it gets glowing reviews.

8. Deuce Wayne

Not sure how Vista is copying any sort of Apple's marketing. Now, if it were bright pink, with cutesy buttons everywhere...maybe.

9. So, you are saying that Microsoft is naming it's OS as something other then the year (like they always did) after something pretty the marketing department can use is nothing like Apple going from a new number every version to a cat name?

As for for Vista, all it is is eye candy (ie bright pink with cutesy buttons everywhere...)

10. Deuce Wayne

It's not near as cutesy as mac's. They should come with a barbie dream house. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar