BIG Jeff...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Sep 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Yeah I was thinking the same thing - and stuffing the run - which is what Casey was known for.

I wasn’t under the impression that Simmons was brought in to be this huge sack guy - I understand the need of more pressure up the middle though; opposing QBs don’t ever seem that rattled when playing the Titans - and in today’s league that HAS to change.

2. tyronecalico

tyronecalico Starter

What Simmons and most interior tackles do really won’t show up on the stat sheet. But he’s made some big plays already. We need someone like Beasley back to capitalize on what Simmons and Clowney are doing for us.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not looking for big sack numbers from Simmons but he needs to get push while engaged with two blockers.

When opposing QBs get the ball out fast, our edge rushers are nullified. An inside push is about the only way to disrupt a QB along with getting those long arms up as he did on Sunday.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Dude just won us a game and we have a thread talking about whats he doesn't do?

There haven't been many moments Ive questioned this kid. Put some respekt on his name. This was a great pick by JR

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

That's the thing. Simmons always has two guys blocking him and nobody else is winning one on one battles. Even Clowney ends up dancing with his partner out there instead of disengaging. Evans is doing his job despite constantly being double teamed. We need more from the other guys.

As for sacks I bet Simmons gets 5 a year if some of the other guys can win more often.

6. TitanJeff

I agree. But there are times Clowney is going to line up over center or one of the LBs are blitzing and a blocker will come off Simmons. When he gets those 1-on-1 opportunities, I'd hope he'd generate more pressure.

It's early. Jeff has only played in 11 games. He's much further along right now than I thought he would be when he was drafted.

7. Young54

Young54 Starter

"

Looking good taking on some of these double teams. Keep it up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Another way to stop QB’s from getting the ball out fast is not playing 10 yards off the ball with our DB’s. I know we’ve got slower guys and some backups playing but we are killing the strength of this defense just letting teams have the underneath stuff.

9. TitanJeff

It drives me nuts. Always has.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Dude is an animal!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar