Big Ben's Training for the Super Bowl....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by VolnTitan, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Maximus...

I disagree that his stats not being impressive. He has sported 2 straight passing ratings of 98. Only manning has been higher over the last 2 seasons. He doesn't throw for a ton of yardage but that isn't the personality of his team. It's his effectiveness when he throws.

There is an amazing aspect to his numbers. His completion % so far in his career is very high, 64.7%. A comp rate of almost 65% often denotes a west coast offense with a lot of short passes but look at his yards per attempt. Almost 9(8.9) yards in each of his 2 seasons! That's way above the league average which is around 7. That is amazing to complete that high a percentage of your passes and produce that kind of yardage per pass! Almost unheard of and why the high passing rating.

For comparison: In 2003 when steve mcnair won the mvp mcnair had a comp rate of 63% with 8.04 yards per attempt.

Rothelisberger does need to improve on his TD to int ratio.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

SEC bipolar...

Even with the sbmvp i wouldn't consider him over manning because manning has played so well for so much longer. If he leads the steelers to the super bowl next year we can talk about it.

I still think there is a gap between the top 2 and everyone else. The 2-5th guys on my list would be r-berger, mcnabb, hasselback. Mcnabb had an off year with the injury but remember he took his team to 4 straight nfc champ games and a super bowl before that and had an mvp caliber 2004.

You hate me to say this but over the last 7 years no QB has ever, ever had a better run than manning in the regular season. 97 passing rating, 6 playoff appearences, 6 pro bowls, 4 seasons with 12 or more wins, 69% winning percentage, 6 4000 yard seasons and of course that TD passing record.

That's a rather stout resume even without the super bowl right? Your hatred for manning aside?

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I hate Manning for a number of reasons. Including that he is arguably the best QB in football. I agree. It is a two "horse" race. I just like to get you started because your big long rant posts are very good content which I enjoy. I don't really think Ben is better than Manning...I just wanted to hear your counter argument which I might add, as usual, is sound and solid.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I saw those photo's somewhere else a few weeks ago on a site claiming they were from the regular season, though I'm damn sure he got into some of that last night...

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:helmet: :smile: :football: :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar