Bidding War for Berrian

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alpha-Centuri, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

Click Here

Sounds like we are going after him pretty strongly. We could definantly use the WR help. It also mentions Heimerdinger's offense, and the possible way Berrian can be utilized in the offense. If we get Berrian, we might not need to go WR in the 1st.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

even if we do land Berrian , I wouldn't necessarily ignore WR 1st round
    I'd hope we go BPA regardless ... if it happens to be DeSean -so be it

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

The link to Dinger's O seems to make sense. I don't think he's really a true #1, but might get that type of money. I guess free agency will be risky like this from here on out.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

we didn't think Kevin Curtis was a true #1 either
    then he gets to Philly and blows up
    I'd think BB is slightly more promising

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

It's certainly possible he could do better here, especially with the Bears QB situation as of late. But the sure thing guys just aren't hitting free agency now, and you've got guys who you are more unsure about that are getting big time money. Got to be careful and not just throw around money. If anything, drafting looks more important than ever.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I agree
    in fact, I'd be more inclined to toss a draft pick for a guy like Roy or Ocho

7. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

thing is, I don't see detroit or cinci trading roy williams or ocho cinco for anything other than a 1st and an additional pick respectively.

About the draft, if DeSean falls to us, and we have Berrian; I would also say pick him. For all this talk about Jackson falling, I'm still skeptical that he falls to us.

The article at the end talks about our other options if we don't get Berrian, and mentions Bryant Johnson, saying he "runs well for a receiver of his size."

With the options out at WR, I really do see us landing one of these FA guys, whether it be Berrian or Johnson.

8. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

what about fitzgerald? he has some of the best if not the best hands in the league. we could def use that skill.

9. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

We definantly could... But His contract is sooo huge, that not only would we have to give up a 1st and a 3rd most likely, we will have to take around 14 million up front due to his contract and incentives that the Cardinals are wanting to drop.

We have 39 million... but Fitz by himself leaves us with 25 million, while still trying to sign back Odom (or a good pick), Alge, all the draft picks, and other players... By the end of it, we would be sitting with 10 million dollars or less, and if all things don't go to plan next year, we will look like the ravens... Having alot of high salary players, with no production. Salary cap hell here we come again.

EDIT: Found the link --- Fitz is due to make $14.6 million in 2008, and $17.4 million in 2009. whoa, thats alot of money

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10669535/rss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar