beware of a well rested jet team

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by joewilly, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T Atlas

T Atlas Guest

Half of your board are idoits. Ghost and his McFadden hype, Jetskid, ect. :p jk

They're good guys, pretty funny. I know someone on that board, which is why I lurk their occassionally.

Anyways. The Jets have a underated defense. Darrelle Revis is the best CB in the league, and young. The only CB who might be better is the CB from Oakland. Even then, its close. He will shut down a WR.

They have the 400 pound Jenkins at NT, whos been steller for them. Hes played great against buffalo and patriots. It will take at least two people on most run plays against him.

Lowery is a weak link in their secondary. The rookie has shown potensial, but hes also been burned quite a bit. If we can get Brandon Jones man to man against Lowery, I like our chances on most passing plays. Look to exploit his zone too.

Their LB corps are pretty good, but slow. The Jets have had trouble covering TE's and RB's the entire season. I look foward to Bo Scaife and co having a good game, and maybe Johnson can finally step up in the passing game. That LB corps is really good against the run though, even without Harris.

2. joewilly

joewilly Guest

yeah good post. I agree with your points. I'm hoping ty law will help out in the secondary but he ain't the fastest these days.

We can't give collins time to throw. that is the key

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Agreed. This will be a good test for our o-line. I'm very curious to see how this one ends up looking on the field.

4. joewilly

joewilly Guest

we have some great blitz pkgs with kerry rhodes & this elam kid has proven to be a great blitzer as well. I just don't know why we don't do it more.

we have to stop the run 1st & foremost though & create 3rd & long. no easy task

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I think this will be the toughest of our final games... We match up well against PIT and we know how to handle the Colts - not that those games will be easy, but I think the Jets have the right tools to beat us. I'd still say overall we're probably the better team, especially taking coaching and overall veteran leadership into consideration. Here's the keys to the game, IMO:

1) Our D does leave room over the middle for big plays, if a QB is daring enough to try to squeeze it in. Favre can and will take his shots, and he can extend the play long enough for holes to open... if KVB isn't in. Without KVB playing I think Griffin/Hope vs. Favre will be the biggest matchup to watch. With KVB I feel slightly better.

2) Jenkins is quietly having an incredible season. Our O line last week looked off. Mawae will have his hands full, and if Amano and Scott don't up their play we'll again struggle on the ground. Titans often have trouble against the 3-4 - our guards need to play smart to pick the right man to block and then execute better than last week.

3) I agree with T Atlas - Collins has to make good use of Scaife and Crumpler early. The strength of our offense (especially in recent weeks) is also the weakness of their defense. Our TEs should have a good day and move the chains. If that happens Collins will be able to freeze a safety to hit Gage or Jones for some big plays.

4) CJ and LW. The odds are that they are in for another struggle on the ground, but if they can at least prevent the 1, 2 yard losses and squeeze out 2-3 yards instead to keep us in manageable 3rd down yardage then we can keep Favre off the field. Brett is a streaky QB and needs (more than Peyton) to get into a rhythm. Our RBs have to be patient and always fall forward. Losses like they had last week will cost us against the Jets.

5) Halftime. Fisher, Dinger and Schwartz have been impressive with their adjustments lately. If the first few drives in the 3rd Q indicate that the Titans have corrected any 1st half mistakes, we'll once again take over in the 2nd half. We've outscored opponents badly in the 2nd half this year. Between the conditioning, depth and coaching of the Titans the Jets will have an uphill battle against this team after halftime. We'll get a good idea how it will play out early in the 3rd.

6. joewilly

joewilly Guest

yeah great post mj. we have 2 problems. trying to move the ball mistake free against a stout D to get the early lead

holding on to the lead with aggressive play in the 2nd half, again mistake free.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Wait, you have that problem too??

I've heard many opinions about the prevent D both on and off the internet, and none of them have been positive at all.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Ty Law was awesome keeping Moss in check after not playing football this season prior to that game. I just couldn't believe that on the Pats last gasp play, 8 seconds left,4th down on the 16 yard line Mangini decides to go single coverage against Moss.

That was a serious coaching error.

9. joewilly

joewilly Guest

the serious coaching error occurred on all the plays in that series leading up to the last play. when a ball is thrown that well & the perfect catch is made not much can be done. law played him perfectly. It never shoulda came down to a medium throw into the endzone

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We of all teams can't use the "they haven't played anyone" card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar