Better without Pacman?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I gave up on Climer long ago. We're a better defense this year, but IF he comes back we'll have a killer defense. Griff and Davis have shown decent potential in the return game, but neither are Pacman. My gut tells me he'll be back - assuming no legal issues develop any further, I can't imagine the Titans letting him walk. Talk tough now, make him think he's gotta earn his way back, but then give him every opportunity to do so once the suspension is over.

2. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Of course we'd be better with him and without his baggage, even if he done nothing but run balls back up the field. He's not hurting us right now, but he's sure not helping. He needs to get over the gangster/thug childishness and grow up. Maybe he will? Reminds me of a Chihuahua tryin to be a Doberman.

3. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Pacman's absence isn't the reason for the D's transformation.

It is the removal of Hill, Thompson, Sirmon, and Mahelona, from the starting rotation and replacing them with up and coming younger players (Fin, Lowry) and quality vets (Fowler, Simon, and Fisher to come).

We also have better play from our Dline (Odom, Laboy, Hansworth) than last year.

Pac would be a moderate upgrade to Harper (who has been playing very well) and a significant upgrade to our punt return game.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think the concept is nonsense. Pacman with his head out of rectum was becoming deon sanders one of the biggest stars in the league. No damn way we are better without him just that we got harper and finnegan to reduce the loss. Add pacman to this defense and we will be kicking arse all the way to the super bowl!

Note that pacman has been out of the news for a while. Maybe a good sign. No way we can say we are better and our locker room last year from mid season on couldn't be much better.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Knock on wood.

6. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

It does get tiring hearing about how the locker room and team chemistry are so much better this year because Adam Jones is gone. Did these "winners" forget that we had great team chemistry the second half of last year with Adam Jones. Also, he played an integral part in our success last year. I guess they forgot that as well.

I have grown so tired of listening to the guys on the afternoon show of The Zone piss and moan about Jones that I can barely listen to them when they start talking about the Titans, which is pretty rare anyways.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Thats why I listen to 106 most of the time. I actually do listen when Climer is on because he is funny but Plaster is an idiot, Willy is not quite so bad and Darren should be in a different line of work for sure.

8. PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme Guest

Amen to that. Ever since the incident where Pac and Wycheck got into it last year Wycheck has been dogging him. There are definitely personal feelings involved if you ask me. Pacman was a huge part in the great team chemistry we developed last year. One of the main parts as a matter of fact. Those guys even went as far as to say we should trad pac to the colts. Genius pure genius. That's what we all want, a fired up pacman trying to prove a major point, against us!!

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

No doubt...with pacman we would be so much better...as of right now for sure and far more for sure for the long run. im sooo hapy w/ fisher...many teams woulda cut pacman two yrs ago when he was playing horrible and gettin penalties an in trouble an all that...prob never woulda gotten a chance to settle an play...fisher stood behind the talent he saw in him and he became IN ONLY HIS 2ND YR the 2nd best CB in the leauge after baily (accodrding to a foxsports analyst [i posted this long time ago] he was rnaked as 1st team all pro behind baily)and the 2nd best return man after hester (although many could argue that if he handled the whole season as both punt and return kicker insted of basicaly half and also didnt get thsoe 2 returns be called back (he would have had already 5) he could outdone hester easily...so mabye even best return man) ....IN ONLY HIS 2ND YR...THAATS INSANSE..I HOPE WE GET HIM BACK..HE IS FUTURE ALL PRO AND DEF HOF TALENT.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I love the fact that so many people have a woody for Finnegan that they don't even realize that if Pacman came back to play, he would be replacing Cortland, not Harper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar