Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Big TT, Feb 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I find Jimmy/Chuck/Kim storyline better than the Mike storyline. Although Mike storyline is still pretty great.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The last four pages of this thread are comparing BCS and BB. Just enjoy the show as a stand alone. There really isn't a reason to compare the two.

3. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Show's name this season should have been changed to "Better Call Mike". Some of the episodes this season have been so so if not for Mike. We need Jimmy at full force conniving the folks with his master mind plans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

When BCS was announced I assumed they would jump straight into a new universe of "Saul Clients" with a boundless array of wild characters and scenarios.
    Instead they have carefully exhibited the building blocks of how Jimmy becomes Saul is and what price he will pay for his transgressions. With that framework in place I think they move into the client universe in coming seasons. Who knows, maybe past life catches up with Cinnabon Jimmy at some point.

And as for Mike - is there not any plethora of shows with side characters more beloved or interesting than the central one? Weird to me that there almost seems to be a culture of this "without Mike, the show's no good"..
    Jimmy is Saul. Mike is Saul. It's all Saul..

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

They need to get into the con artist Saul is, this Jimmy stuff is boring.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Season Finale spoiler..
    Chuck survives somehow. Thought for sure that was his demise. Now it looks like it could be the demise of Jimmy McGill again..

"Someone" stops Mike from spilling some Salamanca blood. I'm putting odds on this being the entrance of someone (or on behalf of someone) with the initials G.F.
    Wish there were more episodes left. Argh!

#316 CRUDS, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't get the bitching about this show. It's awesome.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I enjoy the show, finale was a letdown. All sizzle, very little steak. Would have made a great 2nd to last show. Not much truly changed after this episode.

SPOILERS AHEAD: (if you're reading this thread before watching the show, you are a moron)

the whole teaser of Mike lining up a shot was a total bait and switch maneuver. No payoff.

We know Jimmy isn't going to prison, suspense is lacking from the "big" reveal at the end of the episode. This would be a solid episode in the middle or near the end of the season, as a big cliffhanger to build into next season, it isn't. Yes, I can't stand Chuck, but do I want to see this sibling rivalry last 2 more seasons, or even one? Hell no.

The only two gripping points of the show were the mom scene, and Ernesto's line.

#318 nickmsmith, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I think the first indication of the chicken brother is kind of a cool cliffhanger.
    (it has to be Gus, right?).

Plus, if Mike takes out a Salamanca in that fashion there's no way he sticks around long enough to meet Walter White.. I had a strong feeling he was never pulling the trigger there..

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

those are all good points, but usually you truly bring the goods to the last episode of the season. And it was underwhelming. We all know Gus will be showing up soon. but not even as much as a cameo of him, is a disappointment.

Chuck and Jimmy feud still hanging in there, essentially unchanged.

Didn't hate the episode, but did hate it as a finale. Nothing really came to a head, just more of the same with a few bones thrown in to keep ya watching.

Chuck dying or not at the end of last episode was a bigger cliffhanger than anything they put out in this episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar