"Best team we've had" -- Fisher

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think the main argument for this being a great team is its depth. We have great depth at RB, TE, DT, and DE. Also, our starters all around are solid, it's hard to find a real weak link in the starting 22.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:yes:

Exactly. Where was the depth behind Eddie? Nada. You look at the production of CJ + White to Eddie and you see Eddie's 1500 yds and 14 TDs in 2000 vs. CJ/White's 2000 yds and 24 TDs.

Wycheck was solid but the Titans should get the same productions from Scaife/Crump/Cook. Crump is a huge upgrade as a blocker.

WRs? Not even close if Washington can put up Mason numbers in 2000 which was 900 yards. Chris Sanders had just over 500 yards and you know Gage did 650 and now has Wash to keep defenses from sliding his way now.

Add kicker to that fo' sho.

;)

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

SURE LOOKED LIKE IT JEFF. BEST TEAM EVARRRRR!

:rolleyes:

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

This quote worked as well as skydiving into practice.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

From Kuharsky:

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

We didn't generate a single rush on the QB tonight. Well, the ends were pinching, but there was nobody in the middle to collapse or even push the pocket. I hope Cecil is thinking of some ways to collapse the pocket so the QB can't just step up and throw. I'd rather have a push up the middle than DEs up the field, mainly because QBs throw much worse when they can't step up in the pocket. I wasn't impressed with our Defense at all, GET OFF THE FIELD!

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Funny reading some of the posts on the first page after tonights performance..humorous indeed..

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

It sure has looked like every time CJ gets the ball... he is met with multiple defenders. Seems to be EVERY TIME.

I expect, at some point, to see a fake to CJ... the entire defense is on top of him, then a lob pass from Collins to any of the rest of the wide-open Titans for a TD. :ha:

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It doesn't help that CJ has been running right in to defenders. He has to be patient and make cuts. Those 5 ft holes he got last year arent always going to be there.

He needs to take notes from Ringer. He knows exactly how to use blockers.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thank god it's only pre-season ey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar