Best Team in the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ProfessorD, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaz

kaz Special Teams Standout

:hugelaugh: Alright, that's funny

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I am not a hater at all. In fact, I'm one of the few here who consider the Texans to be a very solid team.

I just can't put them ahead of the 49ers, Falcons, Ravens, or Giants, despite three of those teams having a loss.

So I take it back... they are in my top 5 at #5. Not sure how you can call that hating on them. I said "on the edge of top 5" beforehand which would insinuate #6 or #7. You can call that hating all you want, but when you play two bottom 5 teams and a terrible Peyton Manning, I just can't be convinced.

The Texans are #2 in the AFC. What more do you want?

I don't think you guys are able to beat the Packers, Ravens, or Patriots... and there will be a couple others you drop games to. The schedule gets a whole lot tougher down the stretch.

3. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

We have a lot of guns here in Texas. So .....

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Here's why:

49ers - Yes, they had a bad loss vs the Vikes, fluke games happen to every team. The 49ers were 13-3 last year, returned all the main players and added the likes of Randy Moss, Mario Manningham, Brandon Jacobs, etc. That defense is still elite.

Texans - Had a hard time chosing 2-5. They beat Miami and Jax, congrats... theyre two bottom-5 teams. But, they were up 31-11 to the Broncos before they started playing that Prevent crap.. and it was @ Mile Hile a very tough stadium. They proved to me that they can play then. Arian Foster is one of the best in the game, and of course Andre. Schuab isn't elite by any means, but he gets the job done. Plus that defense is scary. JJ Watt is on the way to D.POY. Look at the Texans last year, Divisional Playoff game with Yates (a 7th round Rookie QB). Same team, with a Schaub (potentially). Also, there remaining schedule isn't that hard.

Ravens - Ravens had a very impressive SNF game. They probably should be #2 now that I think about it more. Flacco has been impressive, but i'm worried about the receivers. Torrey Smith is good with deep balls, but who catches the little 5-10 yard balls in crunch time. Normally, Boldin but he has only 10 catches thus far. I'm also worried about the OLB. Terrell Suggs is on IR and Jarrett Johnson is gone.. can those OLB still pressure the QB? They've been average thus far, and will only get better with time. Also, will Father Time stay away from Reed and Ray Ray?

Falcons - Yes, that offense is amazing. Matt Ryan is having a great start. But, haven't we learned from the Falcons the last 3 years? They're a regular season team... then suck it up in the playoffs. I think this team is special though. The most underrated thing is that defense, they've played solid offensive teams.. and 8th in passing yards allowed and 4th in points. But can they pressure the QB? Something they've stuggled with. Falcons also have some important players banged up already: Abraham, Jones, Clabo, and White. They could easily be the #1 team, but i've been fooled before by the Falcons.

Giants - This team gets slept on every year. Eli has been impressive this year. He's leading the NFL in Passing yards already. Andre Brown, David Wilson, and Ahmad Bradshaw (when healthy) should be able to provide the rush attack. Andre should up in his first career start. Cruz looks to be getting it together (after a rough week 1), Nicks needs to get healthy, and Bennett provides a receiving TE that the Giants haven't had since prime-Shockey. Oh yeah, they have 3 Top-10 DEs in the league, improving LBs (with a solid run D), and the pass D is struggling.. but has the players. Don't be surprised if they end up in the Super Bowl, again.

5. RavensShallBurn

A few things...

Broncos suck. Even worse than I thought they'd be. I said 9-7 and missing the playoffs. They're going 6-10.

Suggs isn't on IR. He'll be back by around week 8-10.

Falcons aren't good in the playoffs, but are the Texans much better?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

-I'm still up/down on the Broncos. The got to the playoffs with the same team and TEBOW was there QB. With Peyton Manning and an improved defense, I think they just need time to mesh.

-Fo real? I thought he like tore his ACL in the off-season?

-Texans have only been there what, once? Can't really make a decision on that. The Falcons haven't won a play-off game since 2004! Texans have 1 in their existence (2001, I believe)

7. RavensShallBurn

I think Peyton is flat out done. His only hope is to sweep their crap division and steal a couple games elsewhere. 8-8 might get it done again.

It was an achilles injury, I believe... it's always possible he could miss the year, but I'm sure he'll come back in the second half of the season.

Yep. Texans have made the playoffs once in ten seasons. One playoff win... 2002 was their first season.

8. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Even if the Broncos eventually come around, they aren't a very good team. And the fact of the matter is they pretty much spotted the Cows 21 points in the first half and still came back to almost beat them.

Denver may, MAY, be good later in the season. I doubt it though. Yeah, they made the playoffs, with an 8-8 team. They also got slaughtered by any team with a half decent offense. I mean, WE beat their defense last year.

9. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

Top 5 nfc
    1. Atlanta
    2. San Fran
    3. Minnesota
    4. Arizona
    5. Cowboys, Philly

Top 5 afc
    1. Houston
    2. Ravens
    3. New England
    4. San Diego
    5. Cinci

The afc is pretty cut and dry, the nfc on the other hand is really up in the air. I think green bay is good enough to be in there. Also Chicago if they win tomorrow night could be up there. And I wanted to so bad put new York in there but they've dropped two divisional games. I think they will be strong once again at the middle to end of the year.

10. RavensShallBurn

COWBOYS???!!!

You're kidding, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar