Best Sports Documentaries on YouTube

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by World Peace, Nov 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I'll kick this off

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. XO

XO Nevada Native

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hillsborough will always haunt me until I'm gone. How almost 100 people who simply came to see a live football match in Sheffield England would never make it home, crushed to death. Most who died were under 30 years old and the scars would never heal would affect millions of people.

This 1989 disaster was totally avoidable, preventable. It would take until 2015 for there to be real justice and the real truth to come out. I saw this documentary on Netflix as part of an ESPN series called "soccer stories". I watched it with half interest initially and was aghast. I think most Americans at hearing this news at the time just chalked it up to English football hooliganism. What I did not know at the time is that particular documentary was not allowed to be showed in England for legal reasons.

It is a fascinating sociological study of English elitism. Something those of us in the Southern USA can understand. How London elites were willing to believe that fans of the Liverpool football team must have had something to do with the deaths of 100 of their own. They believed the lies.

Hillsborough will pull you in and will not let go.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

bammerboi siting...

eeeehhhhh................

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Basically anything by SB Nation. Jon Bois is awesome and most of the. Are short documentaries maxing out around 10minutes.

6. HurrayTitans!

I come across great random docs like this. Stay classy Cleveland.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

Of course, not to outdo themselves.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Passepartout

Passepartout April Showers!

How can you forget about that game? It is that unforgettable in a not so nice kind of way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar