Best season of the best shows

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by TitanJeff, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I generally prefer to purchase shows on DVD to watching them on TV. I wanted to start a thread of what many here consider the best SINGLE season of any of the better shows out there. That'll be tough for a few of the top programs.

I'll start with:

"Scrubs": Season 1 (though many tell me Season 2 is better)
    "My Name is Earl": Season 1
    "The Office": Season 2

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I personally can't wait to rewatch this current season of the office. I guess its season 5. It has to be the longest season with a ton of twists in the plot that's kept the energy of the show alive. Some disagree, but I really like this current season and can't wait until its released so I can watch it.

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I've seen every episode of The Office, and season 2 is definitely the best.

You can't go wrong with any of Scrubs Seasons 1-4, it drops off a bit after that.

This past season of Entourage (season 5) was really good.

The first season of Heroes was good if you're into that type of show.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

The Wire - Season 3 (Just my personal favorite. Loved Hamsterdam, loved the fall of the Barksdale organization).

Arrested Development - Season 2 (Consistently the best comedy on television, and this season really proved it).

The Simpsons - Season 7 (I wouldn't really argue with anyone who listed seasons 4-7, but I just have the most consistent fun watching this one. So many classics; Who Shot Mr. Burns II, Simpson kids living with Flanders, Radioactive Man movie, 3D Homer, an obese Homer, Homer battling Bush Sr., etc, etc. Ironically, none of my absolute favorite episodes are in this season, but there are just too many classic moments, jokes to really ignore this one.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVr1n1ha-LA

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Sopranos Season 2 (and 3)
    Deadwood Season 1
    The Wire Season 1,2,3,4,5

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Simpsons - season 5

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I was going to say "24": Season 2.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think with 24, seasons 1 and 2 were SO far above the quality of any of the rest of it that it's hard to compare. Really, Gunny, season 5? That's the one that made me quit watching, after a literal addiction to the show for the first four.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Lost Seasons 3-5 (I know a lot of people dropped out around 2-3; it's much clearer now)

X-Files Seasons 3-7 (the Mulder heyday; this show was unstoppable, IMO)

Heroes Seasons 2,3 (thought 3 would suck in comparison to two but it's better than I thought)

24 Seasons 2,3, but I'll take any of 'em, really

Scrubs, Season 2-4 or so, then 7,8 - it lost it's way with the schedule interruptions (starting half season late twice, second due to the strike), but it's back to being hilarious. "My Cuz" two episodes ago? The Worthless Peon (Ted)'s acoustic version of Outkast's "Hey Ya" at the Janitor's wedding was brilliant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar