Best N Worst Titans draft picks as rated by some guy at NFL.com

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Second best power back of all time after Jim Brown.

2. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I love how all our top picks are all 1st round with the lowest of them being George at 14th, yet all of our worst picks are either 2nd round picks or late first round (except Pacman, who I personally believe to be our worst pick ever).

While 2nd round picks should work out, its not the same as blowing a 1st round or a high 1st round. You have the ENTIRE lot of college players and you blow the 6th overall on Pacman??? Only 5 other players were taken ahead of him, so there were easily 20 guys that would have been better. Have you seen the guys we could have gotten in place of him?? DeMarcus Ware, Aaron Rodgers, even other CBs that are better in Antrel Rolle and Carlos Rogers were taken after Pacman in the first round. A 2nd round pick cost the team SOOOOO much less money, so when they don't workout, you aren't losing as much.

Also, have you seen the CBs that went after Woolfolk in '03?? We could have had Nnamdi Asomugha OR Charles Tillman. Both Pro Bowl CBs that went after Woolfolk

Its easy to say our hall of fame 1st round picks were our best picks ever. Why not make a list of the best that WEREN'T taken in the 1st round or 2nd round?

That list for me would be. Frank Wycheck (6th round), Derrick Mason (4th Round), Dave Stewart (4th Round), Benji Olsen (5th Round), and Cortland Finnegan (7th Round)

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Need to have CJ on there as best If they're going to post the epic workout warrior fails of calico and henry

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We didn't draft Wycheck, he came from the Redskins.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm surprised Finny with a 7th rounder wasn't on there.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

It's really hard for me to say that Pacman was a bust. The guy was a playmaker of epic proportions...

Too bad he's an idiot. That's really the only thing.

7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Still a bust..when you look at a player you have to take into account them as a person and not just their football skills. VY should be on there too with Pacman and I was the biggest VY fan for years.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Pacman wasn't a bad pick....He could have been a franchise changer if he wasn't stupid.

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

No he couldn't. He was a good, not great, cover corner with exceptional return skills. Hardly a franchise changer.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

He was in his 1st and 2nd year and he was already amongst the top CB's in the league..And on top of that he was already the most dangerous return man out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar