best movies of the decade?

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Fry, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coov

Coov Starter

LOTR
    Batman Begins
    The Dark Knight
    Secondhand Lions
    Pan's Labyrinth
    The Notebook

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I just saw "Taken" last night. Actually liked it. I thought it would be lame, but since it was free on HBO I put in 2 hrs and enjoyed it. Good story, even though some parts seems too perfect.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

No order:

1. No Country For Old Men (Joel Cohen)
    2. Tasogare Seibei ("Twilight Samurai") (YĆ“ji Yamada)
    3. There Will Be Blood (P.T. Anderson)
    4. A Mighty Wind (Christopher Guest)
    5. Black Hawk Down (Ridley Scott)
    6. The Proposition (John Hillcoat)
    7. O Brother Where Art Thou (Joel Cohen)
    8. Apocalypto (Mel Gibson)
    9. The Departed (Martin Scorsese)
    10. The Prestige (Christopher Nolan)

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Was that actually as good as they pushed it to be? Avatar isn't my kind of thing, but it looks so colorful so I want to see it.

5. Thesaurus

Thesaurus Starter

It was an incredible movie. It had all the elements you look for in a blockbuster, love interest, drama, action. Everything you want in a movie it delivers with the most beautiful imagery in the history of cinema.

The only way I can describe the CGI is if you were an alien from another universe and you saw this movie, I would assume it was huge blue aliens acting. I never once even realized it was CGI.

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

James Cameron everybody...please a big round of applause. Its not often we have stars visit the site you know......:ha:

Being a SciFi fan I really liked the movie...but not really a decade stealer...

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I disagree, from a view of intention and technology it is definitely the most impressive movie from the decade.

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Explain "...a view of intention..." I am not sure what you are saying there. From a technology perspective, I think it only stands out because of the meshing of live actors and the significant amount of CGI animation...but other than that and it being in 3D, it was really good.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Sorry I'm at work and have to type quickly.

By view of intention I meant what James Cameron set out to do. A fully 3D film which, i think, is the first ever made?

Technology wise I think it is a masterpiece.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar