Best DL Fisher's ever had?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, May 1, 2010.

?

Who da best? Public Poll.

Poll closed May 11, 2010.
  1. Albert "SMASH" Haynesworth

34.7%
  2. Jevon "FREAK" Kearse

61.1%
  3. Other (who?)

4.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This isn't aimed specifiably at anyone, but this thread is full of mentally deficient people.

I think it's safe to say; it only comes down to Albert Haynesworth or Jevon Kearse. No one's made half a case for anyone else.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Kevin Carter should be thrown in this mix. I think he preformed better over his career and put in more effort then both of them combined.

He was not that stellar for us but was probably the best DL we have had.

3. JCBRAVE

You know, I saw the name mentioned once or twice but paid no attention to it. I'd leave Carter out of this discussion only because his best years were not as a Titan. He was very good for the Rams, but when we got him he only had one good year. He may have been the total package, but during his time in Tennessee he sure didn't show it.

4. Blazing Arrow

Yeah I was wondering if his name got thrown out but as I read threw this it went from debate to a pissing match and was not really in the mood to read all of that.

5. Blazing Arrow

I lost a lot of love for Kearse this last year. He made himself seem worthless with no effort. I have expressed my dislike for Haynswothless before but this last season for Kearse would almost be impossible to get over. He showed he is not a team player and could careless for his team mates. Showed he had better things to do then be part of this team and no matter how money grubbing AH was he never walked away from a game to 'hang with his family'. Kearse gets a big red X imo.

I choose making millions of $$ then hanging with my friends.

6. JCBRAVE

^That whole incident was handled poorly. I didn't mind it tho.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First of all I don't think AH was a liability at all for the Skins. The team was 10th in the league in total defense (points per game). They were also 10th in yards given up per game. The offense certainly didn't help the situation being 22nd in total yards. Their leading rusher had less than 500 yards last year. AH helped Orakpo and Carter get 11 sacks each with his presence inside. Actually there wasn't anything wrong with the defense and I'm confused why they are making a change when they were fine the way they were and at least should have waited a year to get the player in place to make the switch to a 3-4.

Quite honestly AH was put in a real tough situation where he would have had to have his best year of his career to satisfy the Redskin fans. I also believe if he was part of the titans DT rotation he could play about the same as he did with the Skins and we would see a vast improvement across the board on defense.

You say Kearse did more his rookie year than AH did his best year. That is insane. Kearse was one of the top DEs his rookie year. AH was one of the top defensive players in the entire league. I still think he is a force to be reckoned with but the Titans knew he wasn't worth that huge pile of money the Skins threw at him. In Tenn he will be able to play fewer plays as part of a rotation but be more effective when he is in there. That is what I want in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line. A rested beast in the middle of our defense who is happy to be back home. I want his 350 pounds in the middle of the defense in goal line stands. I want a guy who can push the pocket against the pass but still be effective against the run. Even if he plays 50% of the plays he is a singificant upgrade when he is in there.

Kearse was a great player for a couple of years and it probably isn't fair to be comparing the two because one is a DE and one is a DT. Remember however that Andre Carter had more sacks than he has had in a year going back to 2002 playing next to AH. I want AH along side Morgan.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

^You do realize that Washington's run defense actually got worse with Haynesworth. Their overall defense got better because they actually have decent corners now and good pass rushers. They still got ran on, and he didn't contribute enough as a pass rusher.

They're building their defense around their strongest player: Orakpo. Really, I agree. They would probably be better off just to adjust to what they have going instead of scrapping the scheme altogether. Overall, it was a good defense.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Wow, your most recent snide attacks are IN THIS THREAD and you constantly ignore your own hypocrisy

How about this thread to, once again, prove your double standards.

http://gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=57767&highlight=fishers+job

I started the damn thread and you, first of all, come up with this:

http://gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=577940&postcount=20
    Snide attack. Hypocrite.

Then starts the whole, OMG you didn't take a stance!!!!!

http://gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=578043&postcount=44

Using the logic you use in this thread, I shouldn't have to. You should know. I don't have to write IMO.

Remember, you said it in this
    http://gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=585871&postcount=41

But go ahead Alex, ignore everything I brought to you, you don't have the answers to your own hypocrisy, so it's really no big deal.

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

Kearse wasn't just consistently - prior to his injury - getting to the QB... he seemed to be chasing down running backs and the like if they got past the line of scrimmage. He seemed all over the place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar