Best Defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan769, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

I am no fan of Schwartz but you have to give him kudos!!!! The defense is doing well. I bashed him when the defense was horrible, now he must get praise since they are playing well.

I am glad I was wrong. :woohoo:

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

our pass rush can go a long way to helping that cause.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Marvin's lost a step - he hasn't been the same since coming back from his injury. But Finny has played very well against some very good receivers. Griffin wouldn't really be on Wayne - Harper most likely, who would definitely need Griffin/Hope in support. But historically the Titans have rarely been gashed by the Colts... we are often one of the few teams who can hold them under 20 points for some odd reason.

In fact, when the Colts burn us it's almost always with the slot receiver or the TE up the middle because Schwartz gives the DBs outside lots of help. It's our LBs and safeties that have the pressure on when we play Indy.

4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Odom is a solid football player. Always liked his hustle and his tackling abilities. Not the most physically talented or powerful, but plays hard, and with passion. Which he learned in Tennessee.

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Minny might be better. They have an awe-inspiring front 4. Winfield is a beast as well. Either way, we're Top 3 at the least.

6. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

i seen alot of good points here. First off I was really pumped yesterday and defenetly jumped the gun. While i dont disagree with myself i do think that after a few more weeks my statement will be true. I agree with the fact about our amazing d-line rotation and i do agree with the fact that we have the best front 7 in football. one of the best comments someone made in this whole thread was how good Hope and Griffin are as a shutdown combo. I mean seriously Hope goes underlooked as 2nd in command in veteran voice for the team. Him and Bullock seem to run the show in the locker room. Of course Mawae is always there but Hope brings alot on and off the field. Im really happy with the way our team looks right now. I will say that if our d plays consistently all year Super bowl dreams are not far fetched with the upgrades to our offense. I doubt they will hold us for 6 points this year. lol

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

We've been tested a lot more than New England has. And, everyone can't stop gushing all over them.

And, if it's only because they lost they're starting QB, so did we.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'm getting SOOO sick of hearing about Kassell, he looked terrible out there, and against the Jets defense? You have Welker, Moss, Maroney, and Faulk and you still don't look very good? Yeah you got the win, but I think the Titans could beat the Pats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar