Best deal for a PS3

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TitanJeff, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

After getting zapped by an electrical storm a couple of weeks back, a few items of mine were fried. I'll be collecting some money for a few of the items I didn't want to replace so am now thinking about making the jump to a PS3.

I wanted to ask those of you who know the item which version is best and a good place to find a good deal. I've noticed eBay has a ton but I don't know if I'm comfortable going that route. I also am in no hurry so if a price cut/new version is coming up soon, I would like to hear about that.

Suggestions? Thanks.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Gunny's suggestion - move it to the Video Game thread. :brow:

Aren't you guys in the midst of a price cut for the 60gb versions? Or has that finished.
    Regardless Sony are dropping the 60gb version and hitting up a 80gb version for the same price as a 60gb. I don't think you will see a price cut anytime soon though.

3. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

sometime in november i believe microsoft is unveiling a smoother, cooler running chip for the 360, hopefully negating more red rings of death.

[something to think about.]

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

---the PS3 will re-emerge with two SKUs this holiday season:
    a $499 80GB model
    and a $399 40GB model.
    So if you want a $499 PS3, you might actually want to wait for it. ----
    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/rumor/sony-planning-price-drop-for-80gb-ps3-new-399-40gb-model-298067.php

note: not that this pertains to US Ps3's ,but their are gripes around that the new 80gb PAL units do not include the original Ps2 Emotion Engine chipset that is required to play back catalog ps2 / ps1 titles
    the hardware has been removed in favor of emulation software - which is cheaper

5. PS3 is the greatest

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

JUST IN CASE ....

right now @ Office Depot
    you can get a 20gb Xbox360 Premium for a mere $299 after a $50 mail in rebate .... it's in their ad that came out in yesterdays paper

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the greatest what ?
    DVD player ? :yes:
    Game Console :shake:

8. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

brilliance.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

for what it's worth, it has HUGE potential, but noone's seem to have figured it out yet. recently, while at a local GameStop, I inquired about which version of a popular sports title to check out .... all 3 employees of the store all ,decisively, suggested the 360 version over the Ps3 copy

imo, Sony should have waited til this season to drop the Ps3. Sure they would have been a little late to the dance, but they might be in a better position than they currently are

the reality is that the Ps3's best tiltes are
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma .... a 3 year old Xbox remake
    Oblivion .... a 360 remake released a year later
    Resistance ...... in most eyes, a rung or two below Gears of War
    there's a handful of cross-platform titles
    then Warhawk ...... a multi-player ONLY title

BUT, it is probably the cheapest Blu-Ray player on the market
    the Sony Online concept is free
    the console is a nice media device

but as a game console it's easily in last place at the moment

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

360 isn't too flash with its whole TWO good games.

At least Warhawk is something different. Microsoft wouldn't live without it's FPS.

And EA Sports is lazy, 60 fps is possible with the PS3, it's been done already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar