Besides C.J., who's trade bait?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Why trade for a qb? It's obvious CJ and VY have chemistry (no homo) when they're on the field together. I mean at least it really seemed like it when Vince's passing game was getting better and with those option kind of runs we used to use. I just wish we could get a coach in here that would make better use of those two in particular while we seem to have some pretty good wide receivers playing for the team.

What am I saying that'll never happen

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Actually he's still under contract, he won't magically be a FA. He may want out if he's not paid big time but ultimately we own him.

3. Big Time Titan

It's a shame that we were in such a great position heading into the bye week, grabbed up Randy Moss, and now we're in the worst shape we've been in. And I don't mean record-wise because we're still in contention for the division. I mean big picture, things look dimmer and dimmer.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

How do you guys feel about the Bears Tommie Harris? He's very similar to Jason Babin, in that he's just not getting the numbers, but is around the ball a lot. We didn't think Babin would revive his career, but Washburn has gotten the best from him while a Titan. Harris is also a lot like Jason Jones, and we all love Jones. Tommie Harris' contract ends in 2 years, but this is about the time his agent might begin pushing for a new deal following this year. No way Chicago will renew his deal when he's played in 10 games and only totaled 9 or so tackles. I know those numbers don't warrant trading for him, but he's really good at times. he could be had for a 4th or 5th, maybe even less.

5. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Great idea tbh!

He's a perfect DT for our system.

I don't know what it would take to revive his career though. From what I've heard, motivation isn't his issue.

6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Sorry, my understanding is that they had to rework the contract to advance the monies to him this year effectively making it a new one year deal just so he wouldn't hold out. Thus, after this season there is no bonuses, no incentives left and he is stuck with base pay for the rest of his contract?

They may own him on paper, but in reality, doesn't CJ have the Titans by groin in this situation?

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What is wrong with Babin's numbers he has 9 sacks.

Not sure how you compare one of the highest paid DTs to a journeyman DE.

Would Harris be good in our scheme? Yes but with Fisher gone maybe the scheme changes.

8. Big Time Titan

Oh yeah, no doubt. I just meant that while he does have the leverage, Bud is the one who will decide if he wants to show CJ the money.

9. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

If trading Cj is up for debate. New England has two first round picks this year.
    Might be a good position for a new head coach to rebuild this franchise, with three first round picks.

New England I'm sure would love CJ.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I think they are pretty high on Benjarvus Green-Ellis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar