Bennett, Wade and Smith Leave for Free Agency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Though WRs Drew Bennett, Bobby Wade and DT Robaire Smith will all enter the free agency market on Friday, the Titans have offered a contract to OL Jacob Bell. The Titans also tendered contracts to restricted free agents TE Ben Hartsock, LB Robert Reynolds, DT Randy Starks and C Eugene Amano. They also tendered exclusive rights free agent DTs Tony Brown and Marcus White, and TE Casey Cramer. Among other Titans who will enter UFA are LBs Peter Sirmon, LeVar Woods and Colby Bockwoldt, QB Kerry Collins, RB Chris Brown, DT Rien Long, S Donnie Nickey and T Seth Wand.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

We'd better grab Wade. The other two, not so concerned about.

T. Gabbard, get back to work. Say hi to all for me...

3. smili

smili Starter

Would've liked to have seen Robaire back.

Maybe we're going to play with alot of 1 WR sets this year.

4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Your forgeting we still have Givens and Jones. If we can pick up two more legit players (Horne, Stalworth, Curtis, Stokley, McCardell, Jarrett, Bowe, Meacham, etc.) and some help at TE (Graham, Johnson, Not Stevens, etc.) and we'll be set. That is as long as we RESIGN HENRY!!!!!!

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you're assuming givens will be productive this year. i hope he will be, i just dont think he will see the field until week 10 at the earliest.

6. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

If Pac is still around, I wouldn't mind seeing more of him at WR...

7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I believe the only thing adam will be "receiving" will be a sentence.:ha:

8. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I'm not worried about letting Bennett and Wade walk. Would've liked to have had Wade back, but he wasn't someone I was dying to have (he still might be back, who knows). As for Robaire, he's on the down and we can replace him through the draft or FA with someone like Ian Scott. As for FA WR's, I'd rather we bring Wade back and draft one or two WR's in the draft.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Read a little more. :ha:

I hope we can get Wade back. He was looking strong. I'm not forgetting about Roydell Wiliams and Roby either.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd like to see us keep Wade and Smith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar