Bengals week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. collins1888

collins1888 Guest

i watched the bengals game and to behonest we shouldnt have to worry. Marvin had both TJ and Johnson on the bench at a crucial time in the game and they could not convert on the play. Palmer looked really REALLY bad. The ravens have good DB's but they are gettin old and Ed Reed is playing with some nerve damage so he wasn't making his big plays. The bengals can explode anytime but after the game vs the ravens, i wouldn't say its going to be this week. i think they will click in a few weeks but not after a game like that. yeah it was only 17-10 but the only score the bengals had was a fumble recovery. If Flacco can run for a 40yrd run i think we should be just fine if its VY or Collins taking the snaps. their running game looked horrible to by the way. all around the team did not look like a team that will do any harm this early in the season.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

For all of those here who only remember last season's blow out and haven't followed Cincy at all this year - they are in big trouble with their swiss-cheese OL. Palmer's been bloodied in the preseason and those big names WR's have done squat. I'm sure they'll come around later in the season after Henry comes back and its too late to matter but this week The Bengals are ripe for the picking.. The schedule gods are working with us.
    2-0..

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

If you think Cincy will be favored, then you obviously don't watch the NFL. The Bengals are just down-right terrible. I think they're a safe bet to have a top 3 pick in 2009. Who cares what they did to us last year, the better team didn't win that game, obviously. We were bruised, battered, and weren't clicking when we played them.

Our d-line destroyed the Jags' o-line yesterday, a far superior o-line to that of the Bengals. Carson will hate his life on Sunday. Look for at least 7 team sacks again. Their defense isn't worth a damn either. They looked good yesterday because they were playing one of the worst overall offenses in the NFL. They have a decent LB corps, and a decent but young secondary. Their d-line is awful. They have no pass rush, and Mawae/Amano/Scott should make easy work of their DTs.

Finny can handle Chad, Harper can manage Housh (enough), and Bulluck can handle Utecht. Perry sucks & if he gets above 30 yards of total offense, I'll be surprised.

31-7...easy victory for us. Now, onto Houston.

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

The bengals opened up as 2.5 point favors over us. I trust Vegas's lines makers over anyone in the sport world, although it was a bit shocking to me too. I thought at worst it would be a Pick. My prediction was TN -3 -120, so they know something we don't. I'll be right behind the Titans bench on the 40 yard line watching, so my money is on TN!!

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I might take out a $10,000 loan and throw it on that game.

I'm sorry, but the Bengals being favored is completely ludicrous. Somebody in Vegas is still hung-over from last night's activities.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I'm kind of interested in where you think those 31 points are going to come from... Cincy has a horrible D and all, but aside from our run game we have an equally horrible offense. My guess is 21-10, but it could be closer if we can't get to Carson early and let him find some rhythm with his receivers

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Yea, me too. They have the same defense as last year and our wonderboy was the only QB not to lead his offense into the endzone against the woeful Bungals. Cooooommmme on defense, bail us out again!

8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

2 rushing TDs. 1 TD in the air. A FG. A defensive score. It's not that much of a stretch. CJ and LenDale will run all over them.

People need to let go of what happened last year.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

31 - 7 is a bitttt of a stretch.. Look for a 19-12 type final here. It won't come down to Finny and Harper. If Palmer somehow has time to throw then I'd be surprised if those guys could keep the pair of Pro-Bowlers out of the end-zone. It will be the Titans Dline overmatching their guys rendering the receivers ineffective.

10. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I think we're a far superior team than the Bengals. I'll stand by my claim. It's not like it's impossible for us to score 31 points. And it's surely not impossible for us to shut down their passing game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar