Game Day Thread Bengals @ Titans GDT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

They caused a fumble on the goalline. Offense keeps 90% of the fumbles that go out if bounds ... defense needs rewarded for making good plays sometimes, too.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't know about that. Looked to me like Davis just got careless with the ball. I didn't see the D do anything.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  3. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

There's no way he fumbles that without the hit. Hahaha. But even so, you can't make the rule that it's the defenses ball, so long as the refs make the judgement call that the defender made a good enough play to cause the fumble. Hahaha

Even if it's a careless play by the offensive player, they still deserve to be punished for being careless with the ball on the 1 yard line.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

maybe- it's just disproportionate. There was no recovery by the D. That's my point. The "fair" part of the rule would be like occurs if the ball goes out of bounds- awarded to the team and the point of last possession. It is a unique situation with a unique scenario- absolutely the worst outcome that can occur when a player attempts to score. It was a rookie move. He'll learn from it I hope.

5. meekmode

meekmode Starter

its been the worst rule in football for as long as I can remember. the worst punishment should be that you have to take the ball back out to the 10-20. loss of possession and a touchback doesn't fit the mistake the offense makes and it almost cost us the game.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, I chalked that up to rookie over enthusiasm....easier to laugh it off now though.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Props to Robiskie

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Did you know: 416 yards is the second-most given up by the Bengals this year.

The Titans put up 400+ yards and weren't even very good.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  10. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I was amazed when I looked after the game. 400+ yards and 180 rushing. It certainly didn't feel like it watching the game. But 40+ minutes TOP will do that, I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar