Game Day Thread Bengals @ Titans GDT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I doubt there is much change. It would be great to move to a better play caller, but I suspect Downing gets another year. The cap hit keeps us tied to Tannehill at least through next season. Don’t see a viable way to make the math work. If the Saints would trade a 7th for him… but who could you realistically sign even if that happened?

2. Skyline

Skyline Starter

Good game, folks.

I know you're mad and I can relate. I've been a Bengals fan since 1981, so I know what it feels like.

The truth is, we saw two very good teams fighting it out last night. The Bengals got this one, but it could have gone either way.

The rematch next year should be a good one. See you then!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

What are the chances JRobs seat gets warmer before Vrabel? His evaluation and picking personnel on the offensive side is questionable.

4. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Vrabel should have cut his wiener off.

• LOL LOL x 2
  5. 10ECTyrant

In defense of Vrabel’s poor choice of words, I can’t imagine having to have a press conference after that loss. I would have been throwing chairs and turning over tables. All that being said “maybe we had too many sacks” is the dumbest statement ever.
    I think he should have praised the Defense, (we had a championship caliber D) and he should have said : we made some poor coaching decisions and that turnovers and missed opportunities bit us.
    And Bengals Suck

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

My personal opinion is that Robinson gets more leeway than Vrabel. I feel this way because Robinson oversaw the rebuilding of this team after being 5-27 the previous two seasons and has had six winning seasons in a row. In addition, Vrabel is Robinson's only head coaching hire, as Robinson was hired with Mularkey in place. Finally, Vrabel was hired onto a team coming off back to back winning seasons and playoff appearance. To me, Vrabel gets less leeway.

With that said, I think Robinson is not beyond improvement. Only 4/14 of the players recently drafted suited up yesterday. The Titans got no production from their two recent first round picks. The offensive line continues to be a liability in pass protection, especially on the right side of the line. Robinson goes into an offseason where he has to find a way to extend Landry. Oh and the 2022 season marks the end of the rookie deals from several key contributors: Simmons, Brown, Hooker, Long, and even Nate Davis. The cap will become an issue to be reckoned with in the future. Titans are currently projected to be $7.4 million over the 2022 Salary Cap (based on the 51 player offseason rule).

Robinson successfully rebuilt the team. Can he take it to the next level? Still an open question....

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I sorta agree with this. I think Vrabels “too many sacks” comment was a clumsy way of saying instead of a ton of sacks he would prefer forcing poor throws that could be picked off.

8. 10ECTyrant

Just heard a Fanduel commercial saying pick the Titans
    Lmfao

9. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Yes, we’re stuck with Tanny at least one more year. Now that I’ve had a little time to digest things though, I keep thinking about how good the offense was the past two years and Tanny was borderline elite at times with Art Smith at the helm.

Maybe if we get a real OC we could be back in action, even with Tanny? Garrapolo is worst than Tanny and just took down the Packers with MVP Rodgers so it can be done. But everything has to be perfect because Tanny isn’t the guy to elevate the team or win games on his own.

10. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

I would keep Vrabel over Robinson in a heartbeat. Vrabel is one of the best head coaches in the league. This team plays hard every single game, all 4 quarters. Robinson has made some terrible choices at the start of drafts and those choices are haunting us whether you realize it or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar