Rumor Bell to the Texans? Foles to the Jags?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Feb 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 5
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Bell to Indy would add another element to them for sure...although Mack did well in his own right 900 yds / 9 TDs 12 games is decent

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't get the people who say they don't care if Foles goes to JAX. A QB upgrade is a QB upgrade. And Bortles to Foles is a pretty substantial upgrade. It's like people have forgotten that team was one game out of the super bowl just a year ago. If Foles does land in JAX there's a very real possibility we could be last in the division next year.

Also, I don't see any way IND signs Bell. Mack has been playing very well and is still on a rookie deal. I know they have a ton of cap but that still doesn't mean you just blow a huge chunk of it on a RB who hasn't played in a year.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Bell is possibly the NFL's best athlete. A year off will be nothing for a guy like that.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm not knocking his talent by any means. I'm just saying there are question marks and he's gonna want a ton of money. The Colts already have a damn good RB. Yes, Bell would be an upgrade but enough of an upgrade to warrant his monster contract over Mack's rookie deal? I doubt it. Their money is better spent elsewhere.

6. JCBRAVE

Im not arguing that they would get/want Bell, I just thought it was worth pointing out hes not some average joe, hes a prototypical RB, any "rust" hes gained will be shaken off very quickly.

If Im a RB needy team I dont even look at a year off as bad.

7. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

Thats the only reason I'd be okay with them signing bell , let them blow a huge chunck of it on bell

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

He's obviously a super talented back. But I do think there's a legitimate discussion to be had as to how much of his success can be attributed to that PIT offense/scheme. PIT seems to just be able to plug in anybody and get elite production. Throw in the off the field/suspension issues and the fact that he hasn't played in a year..... I'm just saying there are question marks. I don't think we can automatically assume he's gonna have his outrageous PIT production with his new team, wherever that may be.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

This is just false. Bell is great, but he's not even close to the nfl's best athlete. He has probably the best vision and great intangibles but he's lower half athleticism as far as backs go tbh .

10. JCBRAVE

Bell is not the guy to bet against. Basically another Adrian Peterson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar