Being Former Colts Player No Advantage as Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Though three former members of the Colts are now on the Titans roster, they say it doesn't give their new teams any advantage in Sunday's game. “That’s definitely overrated,” Former Colts LB David Thornton said. “You just have to prepare to play a big game, and really just come out and compete.” In their first game against the Saints, Colts QB Peyton Manning made three TD passes, all on former Colts CB Jason David. “I just woke up and saw the highlights,” said CB Nick Harper who played for the Colts for six seasons. “We just have to go out there and make plays, whether he decides to attack me or not.”

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. ToY

ToY Guest

Manning is too good for that.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We have this...

[​IMG]

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think it is ridiculous to say there is NO advantage. The advantage might be overated and partly because we play the Colts twice every year the team already has a good concept of what the Colts will try to do. Still, games in the NFL are decided based on just a few plays in the game and just one play by the defense or offense that is made a little better because of better recognition by a player can be the differencein the game. It might not be a coincidence that Thornton's best games last year just happened to be against his former team. That one step quicker in recognizing the play can be huge.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

what the hell do they mean 3 players?

not by my count.

Hartstock, Simon, Gardner, Harper, and Thornton.

Have there been cuts that I haven't heard about?

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I would think there's as much advantage for the Colts as the Titans. They know the tendencies of these players. You can bet if Harper was known to bite on a certain move more than most, he'll see a lot of it Sunday from Harrison.

7. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

We play these guys twice a year. There will be no surprises. I don't think having former Colts on the team affects that much. Our coaches know what they do, and vice versa.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Totally agree, the ex Colts know what to look for, the current Colts know waht to look for, it evens out in the long run

9. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

I think they meant former Colts starters, but idk.

10. TheMugwump

TheMugwump Guest

Holy Crow!

You guys picked up Gilbert "Smooshy Grape" Gardner (who was in fact a starter, along with Thornton, Simon, and Harper)?

I'll have to revise my pick for a Colts' win upwards accordingly. :))

Seriously, I think TitanJeff nailed it. The knowledge cuts both ways, and it may even help the former team. A team can change its tendencies easier than a player can change their abilities. At least I would think so.

Anyway, good luck this Sunday. I hear great things about your stadium and the tailgating there and hope to make the trip over from NC one of these years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar