Before we rid ourselves of VY consider this...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by moose4now, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

You can criticize Collins all you want, but you do understand why Vince is being mocked, right?

Hall of Fame players are pooled from the best players at every position from their generation.......Vince isn't even the best QB on his team.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Vince's declaration that they prepare him a place in Canton is beyond ridiculous.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I don't think any of us are expecting Collins to make the Hall of Fame.

He does have a chance. If he wins two Super Bowls with us, he'll definitely be considered for the HOF.

I also don't think you realize how stupid you make yourself look, but that's neither here nor there.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Comeon, would any of you want a QB for your team who didn't aspire to the HoF?? No I didn't think so. It's called having ambitions and if you don't have that you shouldn't be playing professional sports. Heck I wouldn't want you in my company if you don't have ambitions.

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I don't mind the HOF comment at all... he just meant that those are his goals. Win back the team, take the Titans to a SB and make the HOF. I hope he does.

I'm no VY apologist - but the truth is that while he's got a long way to go to accomplish any of those goals, he's also not nearly as bad as he's made out to be. Stats-wise he's even with Collins except for the INTs. That doesn't bother me - young QBs force things and they don't read defenses well. His long/mid range accuracy has improved as Dinger has drilled his footwork down. From the accounts I've read he's making good reads and good decisions - but they are just not completely 2nd nature yet so he's not as quick as he could be. That will come with repetition.

I think right now he's an average QB. Not great, but we could do worse. His contract can/will be re-worked rather than flat out releasing him if it comes to that. I doubt he'd have much trade value - so I think we'll eventually see him back under center in TN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar