Beating the Saints

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titansfan12, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdfan

mdfan Starter

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I just had a great idea. Since Jared Cook went missing in the Bills game, and we suck at covering athletic TE's, why not put Jared Cook in to simply follow Jimmy Graham around? I'm not kidding either....

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Cook can't even block a CB or a LB, no way in hell he can cover Graham lol

4. JCBRAVE

I think me and you have different definitions of the word sweet.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

Running alongside someone who isn't very strong is exactly what he was born to do.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

The reason i believe he goes missing often is because of hass' read progression. He simply doesn't check the middle unless he's checking down to the rb. By that time whatever release room he creates and or route has been altered. Hass targeted DW 4 or the first 5 passes or something...

But i wouldn't even mind seeing him cover graham...that might be a decent match up. Really.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

LOL guys based on what?

Alot more goes into covering somebody aside from just being able to keep up with him.

Cook has had trouble learning his own position, let alone playing on the other side of the field.

8. JCBRAVE

Here's why I suggested that. Former Patriots WR Troy Brown used to play CB all the time, and not cause he could tackle (he sucked at that BTW), but cause he knew the WR's routes, knew what WR's would do in certain situations, and could run with them.

What player do we have that could keep up with Graham? What player do we have who could jump with Graham?

Jimmy Graham can't bang, he's a little wimp. We'll he's pretty tall, but nevertheless is a giant b*+ch.

Jared Cook may not be all that physical either, but surely he could handle someone his same size minus a few pounds.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Glad somebody brought this up. (I can't believe it took 4 pages of posts.) I know that Hasselbeck remembers last year's playoff game he QB'd against the invincible Saints. He wasn't intimidated and I'm certain he isn't now.

I agree that pressure is key. This IS a playoff game for us so I believe the intensity will be on our side at the start of the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see a key injury or two for the Saints in the first quarter. I'll be at this game with my son and 3 other friends and their sons. We will be yelling. Alot. Hope all of you are as well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

We need C.J. to go into Beast Mode Marshawn Lynch style.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar