Beating the Saints

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titansfan12, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titansfan12

Titansfan12 Starter

Most people along with me do not see us winning this game, but it would be huge if we could pull it off because we should be able to win the last three games with ease. Some things will have to go right for us to upset their high powered offense though.

1. CJ has to continue his dominance. He is once again our backbone for our offense and we desperately need him to break out some big runs and have the defense on their heels.

2. Hasselbeck has to play like he did at the beginning of the year. Albeit he had Britt for his best games but we need him to convert on 3rd downs and to not turn over the ball. We can only hope Nate will be ready for the game.

3. The defense needs to coninue to not give up the deep ball. Drew Brees kills teams on big plays but we have three great CB's to slow him down. We desperately need McCourty though because he has been great this year.

4. The defense needs to know what the Saints trio of RBs will do. SCREEN SCREEN SCREEN. That is what the Saints live on for their RBs because honestly none of them are huge threats on the ground.

5. Win the turnover battle. The Saints do not force many turnovers and the Titans do not lose when they win that category. Brees may be tough to pick off but we have been great lately at forcing fumbles.

This will be a tough game but we could use it for the playoff push. We just need to make sure its not a shootout because we don't have the passing game to match with them.

2. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

Everyone (even Curtis Painter) is a huge threat on the ground against us.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. pettso

pettso Starter

It would be a very good time to peak for the Titans. If they can pull it off, they'll carry a lot of momentum into our final 3 division games and hopefully into the playoffs.

The Saints are gonna put up points, that's a given. No matter how well our defense plays, we're gonna need our offense to be productive. The Saints have a pretty solid run defense judging from their play against the Lions. CJ won't be able to tear them apart like he has the Bills/Bucs. Hasselbeck will need to win this game for us. Managing the game won't be enough. At the end of the day, him and the WRs are gonna have to step up and deliver on Sunday.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

They could rest their starters?

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

OP: turn on your TV

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Jimmy Graham will make Michael Griffin his $@#$%

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Whew, I just hope we can CONTAIN them. I don't see us stopping them. I will make sure I am drunk before this game.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Control the Time of Possession. Keep them off the field

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

To win this game several things need to happen...

1. CJ needs to play like he has the past two games
    2. Hasselbeck has got to step it up and stop throwing lame duck KFC bombs
    3. Get adequate pressure on Brees and get a few big hits on him

Similar to when we played the Falcons (with Turner and Gonzalez), my main concerns are Sproles and Graham. We've got to find an answer to at least contain them.

We need to watch plenty of film to see what teams like the Bucs and Rams did to beat the Saints... We are better than the Bucs and Rams, so there's no doubt in my mind that we can win. I wouldn't pick us to win, but we are capable. Also keep in mind the Saints are not a strong team on the road (3-2). In those five road games they allow an average of 31.8 points per game. Also Brees TD/INT ratio during those five games happens to be a mediocre 8 TD/8 INT.

Lastly, we need better attendance from our fans this weekend. The attendance during the Bucs game, regardless of the terrible weather, was unacceptable and should never happen under any circumstances.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Saints are a completley different team on the road, a team that lost to St. Louis and Tampa Bay. So they are definitely beatable...

Whoever wins the turnover battle will probably win the game.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar