Bears @ Titans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We'll find out if the Titans have the run game fixed when the Bears come to town on Sunday. Chicago has the #1 run defense allowing only a 77.9 yard average per game. They are 19th against the pass so I expect we'll see 35+ attempts on Sunday with, hopefully, a number of them headed towards Jared Cook who should give Hasselbeck a means to get the ball out quickly.

The Bears defense have also been very opportunistic in creating turnovers. The Titans must take care of the football and generate a few of their own.

If the Titans DL can get to Cutler, who has been on his backside 26 times already, it'll go a long way towards keeping the Bear offense in check. They hung 41 on the Colts earlier this season so it can get ugly fast if the Titans can't find pressure. Matt Forte will be licking his chops looking forward to facing the Titans 28th-ranked run D. I expect the Bears to run early and often which means the Titans safeties will need to play much closer to the line of scrimmage than they have most of the season.

After blowing a game they should have won last week, it will be interesting to see if the Titans are going to come out focused and intense. Losing to the Colts makes winning this game that more important.

Attached Files:

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I feel the key to this game is to keep Hass clean, spread the ball around, and use that to open things up for CJ and keep the D rested. Cutler will probably not light us up, in fact I expect a few INTs, and those INTs could win us the game.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Defense allows another 400 yards. CJ has an average game, against the best rush defense. Hasselbeck is forced to make plays and win the game, but comes up short.

Bears - 27
    Titans - 17

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Bears 31
    Titans 13

I think it's close for the first three quarters, and they run away with it at the end.

I'd say the biggest thing in this game has to be our about our defense stepping up IMO. It's unlikely, I know. But it's possible to take advantage of the Bears' weak pass protection.

It has to be a great overall team performance by us if we even stand a chance.

5. Banedon

Banedon Camp Fodder

Just wanted to point out that this is a bit misleading on the pass defense. FootballOutsiders actually lists the Bears as the #1 pass defense.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

And while they are 14th in passing yards allowed, they are 5th in passing yards per attempt and 9th in completion percentage allowed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/sort/yardsPerPassAttempt/position/defense

6. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

ARE YOU GUYS READY??? FOR SOME BAD TO MEDIOCRE FOOTBALL?!?!?!? :beerbang:

7. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Under this coaching staff the Titans have a knack for beating good teams at home, and losing to crappy teams. I think the Titans keep playoff hopes alive on Sunday. Cook and Britt get more involved by virtue of Hasselbeck just throwing it up & letting them have a chance to make plays. CJ average game. I think Palmer tries to go deep on one of the first few plays, to get out with an early lead. Titans win 20-16.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

We may end up playing without at least 2 starting O-Lineman. Maybe more. That would be very bad for our running game going against the #1 run D in the league. I'm officially worried we may end up one dimensional on offense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Win this week and we're back in the race.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

Our defense will get owned by Cutler, Forte, and Marshall, mainly because of Gray. I see Matt getting picked off and fumbling because the bears are good at forcing turnovers. Cj may get 50-60 yards if he shows up. Im not looking forward to it..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar