BCS Championship: Florida vs. Donkey State!!??!?!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by World Peace, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Florida will be playing in the sugar bowl this year.

Boise st. is about the 14th or 15th best team in the country. LSU would beat them for sure and Tenn, Auburn, Georgia could beat them.

If Boise St. were in the sec they would have at least 2 losses by now.

Nothing against them by the way i applaud their success. Would be fun to have a 2nd tier tournament between Cincy, Houston, Boise and TCU. TCU probably wins that but TCU a former southwest conference team should be playing bigger competition.

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

The national title game is in Pasadena, not Miami.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I agree. I dont understand why people are so in love with Boise state. Their schedule is absolutely pathetic. They played one respectable team this year, at home. At least TCU has traveled to 2 ACC fields to play. Granted Virginia isnt great, but beating Clemson at Clemson is a solid win.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

playoff

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How damn hard is it really to have just one extra championship game?

#1 plays #4 in a bowl game.

#2 plays #3 in a bowl game.

The winners play in a championship game. No need for an extended playoff. No effect on academics. The 2 teams that will be playing for the title will have earned it on the field!

Let's cut the bullcrap and end this nonsense now!

6. onthemove

onthemove Guest

The more Gator-aid sports fans drink, the more it helps Bama's chances. Next thing you know, they'll give the 'Dunlap was out' BS excuse while Saban's guys throw the whole kitchen sink at them. Take Ingram away, and they find about 10 other ways to beat a team- just ask Auburn.

Ref help and dirty play won't save them in this game, I assure you of that.

I can already see it now. Tebow standing tall, jumping and slinging his arms around, shouting to the Gator Nation in the closing seconds of his last game... in the Superdome... because they risked it all to win a fist fight against the Horned Frogs.

Tide and Texas in Pasadena!

RTR

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I'm pretty sure Boise State should be national champions.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I love reading how wrong people are in this thread. Can't wait to see gloat backtrack and explain how Boise STILL isn't that good.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why? Because that victory over tcu was only their 2nd over a ranked team?

When Bama beats Texas they will have beaten 6 ranked teams included Florida and Texas.

Beating TCU accomplishes little for Boise. They need to beat a big team like Bama, Florida Texas or Ohio State before we can have any conversation about them being the best.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

All they did was beat another small conference team. We still don't know how good they are.

Oregon lost 3 games and were beaten solidly by Ohio State. Oregon is the 2nd best team they beat.

Boise State would lose to Texas or Ohio State and would get blown out by Alabama or Florida.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar