Baseball Games

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Carpy, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Anyone got a recommendation on baseball games for the PS3?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

MLB 08 (I think it is called), made by Sony, they say it is the best one out there.

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Yeah The Show is a good pick. I don't know how it is on PS3 (seeing as though I don't own one), but I have it on PS2 and it's a really fun game. The Road to the Show game mode is really cool.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I have never had much luck with baseball games. But I think the most fun I ever had was playing my friends bases loaded. I think it was a Nintendo game about 1990 or so. But what I loved was that you have random errors, brawls if you hit the wrong batters, like 30 players on a team, stat keeping, and you had to discover who was a good player just by playing. Pitches would drift. It was really a lot of fun.

After that, I never really matched the excitement of that game, although sega had some good games to keep me entertained around 93 or 94. I think they were called world series baseball. Not sure.

All other games just didn't have the feel I have been looking for. But I will occasionally buy one and give it a flip.

5. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

MVP Baseball was the best ever. Its a shame they had to stop making it. EA was actually doing something right with those games

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Just bought MLB 07 The Show on E-Bay for $14. I'll give that a crack and if I like it I'll be the '08 version.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The 2008 version isn't out yet, I just looked it up.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I was reading about mlb2k8 and they are saying all the right things. They rebuilt the hitting engine and pitching engine from scratch. They wanted it to be realistic obviously. And they think they have it. They said something about being better than MVP2003, which I never played, but that was one of theur baselines or something. Anyway, it sounded promising. They knew they had to make improvements. They are also using the stick like in nbak8, and I think that will be promising as well. I hope they get it right.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

definitely go with the show... nice blend of baseball and entertainment

i enjoyed it and I hate baseball games

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar